Thread: Recommend a Screened Porch Kit Supplier

Recommend a Screened Porch Kit Supplier

A friend wants to convert her existing deck to a screened porch. This will involve modifications to strengthen the existing structure and increase the deck area for the new space plus adding a roof, support posts, screen panels, a door, etc.

Does anyone have experience installing a screen porch kit and/or live in a home that has a screened porch built from a kit that they would recommend? We’re looking for a reputable supplier with a quality product. Poor local service and outrageous pricing has us looking to have the panels/parts shipped in so we can do it ourselves. The roof will be stick-built to match the house.

What we’re looking for from a supplier:

• Maintenance-free painted aluminum screen panels
    • Custom sizing
    • Quality door available with kit for color match
    • Considering panels that have interchangeable screens/glass
    • Hoping for excellent service and technical support
    • Hoping for reasonable lead time on order/delivery

Your advice and recommendations based on your personal experience in dealing with a supplier would be appreciated along with photos of the finished project.

Blog Entries
    Harry,

Not trying to rain on your parade, but given what you've stated "strengthen structure, add area, new roof...", I think you'd be better off looking to have it custom built for you. I have designed and built a few screen porches and experienced many others. The kits came off as second rate and "cheap feeling" imo. A quick google search of the custom kits, made me feel less than whelmed. Between the design limitations, and the need for custom sizing, I suspect that your desires would not be adequately satisfied. Perhaps I am wrong here.

The nicest ones I have experienced were typically fixed screen structures that were stick built but had removable storm windows / storm shutters for winters. They provided the best utility and blended ino the architecture best. Best of luck in your search.
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"