Thread: A short article about my father.

A short article about my father.

I wanted to share an article written about my Dad who lives in San Diego.
    I'm proud.
    http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2...g-go-in-peace/
    I could cry for the time I've wasted, but thats a waste of time and tears.

You should be.

But I've got to admit that I was a little confused until I got 1/2 way through the article!

I can understand why! Dad and Father don't always go together.

John,

You should be very proud of your father. It takes a strong and caring person to try comfort others while they bear those type of burdens!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

John,

Yes, you should be very proud. PTL for people like your dad.

As others have said, you have every right to be proud. It takes a special person do volunteer with hospice, but it is rare to find one with your dad's attitude - to just be and not try to influence or change.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Thank God for people like your father.

I know that is a job I would not be able to do. Probably not many could.

Your father is a special man...with a special gift...that he continues to share with those in need.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    What a nice tribute to a very compassionate man.

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda Williamson View Post
    As others have said, you have every right to be proud. It takes a special person do volunteer with hospice, but it is rare to find one with your dad's attitude - to just be and not try to influence or change.
    Belinda,
    That is what makes my Dad very unique. He isn't there to save souls he is there to embrace them.

If I can be permitted to brag a bit more there is a video that they played at the luncheon where the heroes all speak.
    It is the one at the top of the page for those who care to watch. It kind of overwhelms me.
    http://filmsyoufeel.com/MENU_Recent_...htm#GHD_Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by John Shuk View Post
    Belinda,
    That is what makes my Dad very unique. He isn't there to save souls he is there to embrace them.
    John, I lost my aunt a year ago to pancreatic cancer. The elders of her church visited almost daily towards the end and because of their words and deeds my aunt began to feel that she wasn't praying hard enough or sincerely enough to be healed. When she entered hospice it just so happened that our cousin was the hospice nurse assigned to her. Verna, much like your dad, was just there for my aunt. Sometimes they held hands, sometimes they reminisced, sometimes they cried. My aunt took more comfort from that than from anything else. The people who have been fortunate enough to interact with your dad are blessed indeed.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

You should be very proud John, he is definitely a special person. I have lost my next door neighbor, and my grandmother both in the last week. Having people around them that care, and knowing what to say to comfort them, makes all the difference in the world. To have the strength to do that day in and day out, truly a special person.