Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Chinese lasers - they're here !!!

This is good news. I am ready now to fire up the laser.

Thanks again Rodne.
    Regards
    Shenhui 80W RECI (600mm x 900mm)
    Corel X5

2. Help please....

I purchased a 50w Shenhui laser and it came with the flat rotary with knurled roller bars just like yours. I have the laserworks 6.0 software and I can not get the rotary to work. We know its a setting, but we are new to this type of machine.

I clicked enable rotary device, I have it pluged into the y axis, rotary table turned when I turn on the laser and it is resetting , I set diameter, circle pulse is at 1000, but rotary table does not move when I send work to it. Exactly what setting to I need to set for rotary table to work.

Thank you in advance to any help you can give me
    Diane

Even without a change in settings the rotary should rotate when you use the up and down buttons and have it plugged into the y axis (change the plugs with the power OFF).
    Shenhui 1280 100W RECI

Quick question we have a Thunder laser mars 120 at work and someone lost the little focus tool. Cant seem to locate the file to cut one out by any chance does anybody have the file?
    FRED SANCHEZ
    Universal VLS3.60 , Roland GX24 , CorelDraw X3 , Windows XP

Im getting excited I have been in contact with my receivers and my laser cutter is only days away from Australia and in 8 days it will be here in my shed. WOOHOO cant wait
    Jiangsu Keyland Laser KQG 100w 1090 Lots of woodworking toys rc planes and cars and tanks and I wish I had a rc 2 1/2 yr old who when then do what I want not the other way around

Waiting is terrible, never get used to it, hope the days go quick for you Ross
    ExLas 130 Watt Reci
    1400mm x 1000mm

Hi Guys,

I know this is an old thread, but it's packed full of info. Thanks for this Rodne, George, and everyone else that contributed!

For everyone that ordered a Shenui during the thread and those that got Chinese lasers even more recently I have three questions.
    1) Do you still have to drive a grounding spike into the floor on the newer ones / is there still a shock risk?
    2) How do you like your Shenuis now after having them for awhile? Would you order one again?
    3) If you ordered another Chinese laser Shenui or other, what would you do/order differently this time?
    Trotec Speedy 400 120w, Trotec Speedy 300 80w
    Thunderlaser Mars-130 with EFR 130w tube
    Signature Rotary Engravers (2)
    Epson F6070 Large Format Printer, Geo Knight Air Heat Presses (2)

Well I for one would not order a Shenhui again. Maybe its just bad luck but too many issues and also been looking at threads where GWeike machines have a 'toolkit' with useful diagnostic stuff (like resistors to check power supply without tube). Given that they (chinese lasers) are all really very very very similar, I'd chose the other option just because (and Shenhui couldn't ship my brother a replacement tube that worked for love or money - poor packing).

If I had to do again I'd get spare bearings (x4)/belts/2 x PSU's/ and maybe even a 2nd controller. And I'd make sure it had a ma gauge built in for power. I might also see if they had better tubing for the cooling lines too (original stiffens up) and had a good mounting system for the tube - mine is ok but I think better exist.
    Last edited by Graham Facer; 06-11-2015 at 4:18 PM.
    Graham Facer
    1530 Omni CNC router (run with Vcarve), Shenhui 1200 x 900 150W reci laser cutter (now with EFR F6 hopefully)
    48" Generic Vinyl cutter, Roland engraver, and a dalhgren and vanguard on the project table.

...My pet peeve is a good thread with no conclusion because the OP solved the issue and disappeared. Either that or bus fatalities are much higher than reported.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Winter View Post
    1) Do you still have to drive a grounding spike into the floor on the newer ones / is there still a shock risk?
    2) How do you like your Shenuis now after having them for awhile? Would you order one again?
    3) If you ordered another Chinese laser Shenui or other, what would you do/order differently this time?
    1-I already had a grounding rod in reach and used it. How can a DC tube-based machine made in China NOT have a shock risk?
    2-I like it and yes, I would go with them again (unless I won the lottery, in which case I would probably have a Trotec Speedy 400).
    3-Get a spare tube and power supply with the initial order. (And maybe a different size machine with a better exhaust system.)
    Last edited by John Noell; 06-11-2015 at 8:32 PM.
    Longtai 460 with 100 watt EFR, mostly for fun. More power is good!! And a shop with enough wood working tools to make a lot of sawdust. Ex-owner of Shenhui 460-80 and engraving business with 45 watt Epilog Mini18.

10. How did you guys actually purchase Shenhui lasers? I sent them a couple inquiries and never got a response.

johnlaser@163.com

That's the fellow I dealt with and it seemed to go well - better than I ever expected. I ordered the laser, paid, filled out some paperwork for the shipping company, and the laser showed up. Wasn't as quick as buying from Ray Scott (which I genuinely recommend) but I got exactly what I ordered in a shorter time than I imagined.
    Hobby Laser - 1800 X 1300 dual tube Shenhui (100 and 80W)

Martin are you looking to buy a laser? Do you want to import or buy one thats already here and ready to go?

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Smithjr View Post
    How did you guys actually purchase Shenhui lasers? I sent them a couple inquiries and never got a response.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

13. Bert, I want one that's ready to go. I'll look at rabbit laser. I'll probably wait on getting my shop space up and running to avoid a bunch of wasted effort. Thanks for the tip.