Excitement reigned today as i got to work to find a huge truck in my loading bay with 2 massive crates aboard. My 2 lasers, a 1200x800 80w RECI tubed and a 600 x 900 60w conventional glass tubed laser had arrived. Excitement soon turned to "p----ed offness" As I discovered that despite us asking the shipping co to use a pneumatic drop tailgate type truck to deliver , that had used a normal type truck and had placed the lasers aboard using a forklift. Considering we dont have a forklift , depite having at least 8 ppl that could manually lift the crates , we couldnt get em off. The truck driver suggested WE hired a forklift and I just told him to go back and use the right truck.
I had to leave work early , but we were promised delivery by 3 pm , so I will see today whether the lasers are at work waiting to be uncrated.
This thread will be a detailed documentation in respect of setting the machines up and commisioning them. The first instruction I have given my staff is to photograph the crates from all angles in case there is any signs of dropping or damage. I will be uncrating later today and will photograph it all whilst checking to see that all the bits I ordered are all there.