Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Chinese lasers - they're here !!!

Well it's all tied up inside for shipping , nothing much barring the X axis and the engraving head that can move and be damaged and they secured (with red ribbon nogal
    Rodney Gold, Toker Bros trophies, Cape Town , South Africa :
    Roland 2300 rotary . 3 x ISEL's ..1m x 500mm CnC .
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    6 x longtai lasers 400x600 60w , 1 x longtai 20w fiber
    2x Gravo manual engravers , Roland 540 large format printer/cutter. CLTT setup
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher

Hi Guys;
    Martin-if you order the big machine 1200x800, you need 43" of clearance to get it in on its side-splitting it into two sections as Rodne suggested cuts that to 33". Flipping it on its side and removing the casters/levelers gains you about another 4 inches. requesting a two section machine is a good option in either case as the machine is built like a Sherman tank and weighs about the same-now I know where all the steel from the old junkyards went. (Do they still have junkyards?).
    I have a crew of piano movers set to move mine into the house-lucky to have double sliding doors with exactly 43" opening. Only issues show far appear to be the missing spare tube, a knife table, a couple of lenses and a wrong blower-all of which I can live without for awhile. Plan is finish electrical checkout, install Rodne mods and a few of my own (lights, vac port, better up-down switch, etc) and then get this sucker fired up!
    Best Regards,
    George
    Laserarts

Hi Martin,

We have a 900 x 600 mm Chinese ( Rabbit ). Also looked way too big to get through a normal door. Secret is to look if your machine has a joint running parallel to the floor and halfway up the body. if so, it is likely that the bottom half is actually just a large tray for the top half which holds the mechanics. on our rabbit, the only element in the bottom half is the power supply. unplug this, remove a few screws and you can split the machine. Before tilting, confirm that your tube if properly fastened down. Remove the cutting table and secure the gantry with a few cable ties. if you then tape the top door to prevent it from falling open, you can carefully tip the top on it's side. it is now under the 800 mm with of a standard door. just watch out if you have a motor sticking out for the table chain drive.

Good luck,

Alexa.

Hi Alexa;
    Good tip-dont think Shenhui does this, however. Certainly not on the big machines and Rodne can confirm whether small unit is also welded.
    Best Regards,
    George
    Laserarts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodne Gold View Post
    The laser actually fires thru it like this <----\<---- (thats the laser path) and the red beam shoots from the bottom of the \ and is reflected 45 degrees <---\
    My bad, I had it flipped in my description (fixed)... here's a decent 1" dichroic (they have other sizes):
    http://www.ulooptics.com/ulo_optics/...no=10ZBS3-45-R
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Dan , this thing looks like silvery grey piece of mica , doesnt look like a yellowish ZnSe lens , IMHO better left off
    The laser bodies arent split, there is stuff mounted at the bottom of the chassis like the Z axis belts and pulleys etc , if you look at the panels where the electronics are , you can see it cant be split , the only option is to provide the body and stands/feet seperate
    look at the pics on page one and 2 of this thread and the ones I posted now, you will see , it may looks like it can be split as there is a seam , but its welded , Dan if you look at the one pic of the mirrpr hlders etc , you can see the beam splitter , its that silver thing with the big round collar where the mirror goes in , its slightly loosened off.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher

Our Shenhui 1400x900 does NOT have the bottom stand welded to the frame. It is bolted on. If necessary we could remove it, tilt it sideways and fit it through a 30" door. We did not ask for it to be able to do that.

The bottom stand is below the electronics portion and is just a simple frame of square tubular steel - no mechanical or electronic components are attached to it.
    Last edited by Rich Harman; 08-18-2011 at 2:29 PM.

There ya go , probrem solved
    I assumed mine was welded , will check tommorow ,George says his is bolted so mine prolly is too

Before we were able to use our 1400x900 there were two things that needed to be fixed. Actually three but the third was due to shipping damage.

The leveling feet are quite robust however the way that they were attached to the frame was ridiculous. I was able to tear three of them off the frame by hand and the fourth required just a pair of pliers.

LevelingFoot.jpg

The nuts were welded onto thin pieces of steel and those were tack welded onto the frame.

LevelingFootHole.jpg

For a machine that weighs a few hundred pounds this is not adequate. I would suggest that when ordering that you specify that these plates are to be a minimum of 3mm thickness.

Here is my fix -

FootFixed.jpg

The other issue was with the table. They package the machine with the chiller underneath. The only way to get it out from under the machine is either to lift the machine up or raise the table and remove the bottom sheet (it slides out). Two of the bolts that hold the table had fallen out. When trying to move the table via the control panel the stepper would skip steps. I had to disassemble the table from the jack screws and remove it.

JackScrew.jpg

The table is bolted to the aluminum bars which ride up and down the jack screws. There is a fitting on the bar that the jack screw threads onto and that is tightened to the bar. It is a loose fit on the threads so you can move the end of the bar up and down about 15mm. So without anything attached it is angled down slightly.

TableNut.jpg

A bolt is passed up through the bar into this nut. All the weight of the table is on these four points. The result is that they push down on the bars which in turn are deflected downwards and then bind on the jack screws.

There are a number of ways to fix this but my solution was to join the aluminum bars together with a steel channel so that they could not bind on the jack screw.

CrossBar.jpg BothBars.jpg

The table has worked smoothly since this fix and I have not yet had a belt slip, even when reaching the limits, the stepper will skip steps before the belt slips.

Thanks , Rich-will check it out
    I was wrong-second time this year
    The 1200x900 Shenhui I just received IS BOLTED together-NOT welded!!!! Really great news as now my wife and her poker club can move this thing for me!!
    Best Regards,
    George
    Laserarts

Quote Originally Posted by George M. Perzel View Post
    Hi Alexa;
    Good tip-dont think Shenhui does this, however. Certainly not on the big machines and Rodne can confirm whether small unit is also welded.
    Best Regards,
    George
    Laserarts
    I have checked with Shenhui and they confirm that the new machines can split below the tray, so this should not be a problem.

I shall just be careful to make sure all moving parts are secured before I tilt it.
    Shenhui 1280 80 watt RECI

You may never know what results will come from your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results..
    . Rudy Malan † 05/03/2011

Hi Guys;
    Rich- just checked-large nut is now welded directly to bottom frame member-looks to be OK. Sounds like they do listen to complaints as this is a lot more robust their your arrangement.
    Martin-machine can be split into three sections-all bolted together laser tube box, laser table top, bottom frame. However, the retractable cable tray on the right side has a sizeable number of wires going from top box to bottom frame-looks to be a bear to disconnect but need further investigation.
    Best Regards,
    George
    Laserarts

Great ! By the time we are finished one can fit the machine into your shirt pocket !

You may never know what results will come from your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results..

Rodney,

I see in the manual that you sent me that mention is made in a section of certain passwords to be entered. Can you explain ?

There are 2 passwords , one is to set a whole host of operator options , ie so your employee has limited access to the puter or can only operate it a certain times etc - load of hogwash IMO , but maybe someone needs it- you can ignore it. The other is to access various machine paramters by reading the motherboard , chainging them and writing them back to the motherboard and / or to load new firmeware. Its Rd8888 , in all the versions of the software.
    If you skype me i can send you all the software etc much quicker than if I upload to a ftp or free file hosting site.