Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I feel robbed

I have the same issue with my 14" Rockwell with the riser block. Looks just the same as in your photo, and the result was to lose about an inch or so of the throat depth. That's the price you pay for increasing the resaw height of a 14" saw with a riser block.

I replaced the original 1/2 hp motor on mine with a 1 hp Baldor, and the saw does reasonably well resawing hardwoods in the 6 - 8" range, but you have to go slow. I have a friend who put a 1 1/2 hp motorr on his 14" and it does seem to cut a bit faster than mine. I have the old style enclosed base so I was concerned about fitting a 1 1/2 hp motor in the space I had, which is the reason I went with the 1 hp. If you have the space to fit it go with the larger motor, as the added cost of the motor will be small. My friend also added double belt pulleys which also seemed to increase the power to the blade.

I just realized my Delta lost some width with the riser. You just had to bring it up, didn't you.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

You are lucky (in a respect) that yours is a C-face motor. Doubtful a 2Hp motor would fit inside an enclosed base. One won't on my Delta 14" BS! I am limited to 1.5Hp.

2Hp is the way to go (on 230V) if the face-mount is a standard configuration, and the shaft will mate with your existing drive train. You will have to pull your existing motor and measure shaft diameter/length and bolt hole spacing/thread size, before going motor hunting. Good Luck!

~Chip~
    [/SIGPIC]Necessisity is the Mother of Invention, But If it Ain't Broke don't Fix It !!

I was wondering if that was a C-face motor, but it looks to me like the bracket is actually the end cap of the motor, not just bolted to a C-face motor.