Thread: waiting for parts is torture!!!

Blog Entries

waiting for parts is torture!!!

Ugh, this really isn't a productive thread, I'm just venting. I need a part for my planer in order to get on with my very first ever woodworking project (I'm not counting all my construction work). Every time I walk past my pile of half milled white oak, it practically laughs at me. Three weeks after my order, I got a notice that the parts shipped yesterday... just in time for the parts NOT to arrive for my long weekend off from work. TORTURE.
    - Bob R.
    Collegeville PA (30 minutes west of Philly)

Blog Entries
    That always seems to be tha case... My last project included a new bandsaw purchase... I ordered some blades and one was out of stock so the other blades got set aside. a weeks later I finally called and said hay where are my blades? the ownar, who answered the phone, said ley me go check. He told me the story and said the blades that were ready would be shipped today and the other would be shipped when it comes in... All that being said one person made a mistake and they made it right as best the could. Either way it set the project back about 2 weeks... Never fun to sit and wait.
    Andrew Gibson
    Program Manger and Resident Instructor
    Florida School Of Woodwork

It is maddening isn't it? This is one of the things that can get my blood pressure on the rise - when circumstances don't bend to my well laid plans and itinerary. It happens so often yet I have still refused to learn how to deal with it gracefully. I hope that you parts are in ASAP and another long weekend is just around the corner for you!

Of course your planer could be in top condition and the oak that was delivered to you late Friday could have turned out to be red oak not white! That is just a twist on your present situation that I could foresee happening!