Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Overdue Shop Tour. (20 pics!)

Overdue Shop Tour. (20 pics!)

I've had a "few" requests to see where all this equipment I've procured over the last couple of years has gone. On the same site, you can also see my old shop for a decent comparison. You might also spot a few names out there familiar to you and take a peek at their shop, as well!

I'd like to thank Rod Peterson, who is the keeper of the Shop Tours, as well as the kind folks at Wood Central providing space for the Shop Tours. I'm sure that, at some point in time, SMC will have their own space, but right now, this has to be the best collection of shops around!

Thanks for taking a peek and criticisms are welcome! (That's one of the main ideas of posting shop tours: Get ideas and hear from others who may suggest improvements for what you already have!)

Here's the link: http://www.shoptours.org/shop_tours/files/john-miliunas2.html
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

John...
    Well thought out...simply AWESOME!
    You have your own woodworking world setup with all the comforts required in one place.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

John, great documention of the shop! As I have told you, it is what I would like to have in about 10 years I am glad that you found a new shop and are getting it set up for your needs!

I can only see one problem with your shop. It looks like nothing goes on there...where's all the sawdust?? C'mon, tell the truth...This one is for show and you really have another shop that you use all the time. Just kidding...Looks like a great set up. I'm green just thinking about all the room you have...mine's only 19X22 inside.

John, thanks for the tour. Looks like you have that space pretty well used up!

John -

Thanks for the link. Nice shop, but we all knew that. This just proves it.

I think a similar feature would be of use here at the Creek, too.

Ted

Quote Originally Posted by John Miliunas
    I've had a "few" requests to see where all this equipment I've procured over the last couple of years has gone. On the same site, you can also see my old shop for a decent comparison. You might also spot a few names out there familiar to you and take a peek at their shop, as well!
    Thanks for the tour John; I really enjoyed it.

There seems to be some sort of problem with the shot of the EZ table. I get an error when I click on that image. And your use of that table is something that I really want to see.

I have one other suggestion. It would help me a lot to put things into perspective if you also provided and overall layout diagram.

Very nice tour, John. A great shop that as you said, came with a complimentary house!

That assembly table is a nice size...a new top, either of a couple layers of MDF or a torsion box would make a nice shop project and bring it to total flatness. If I had the room, that's what I'd build for my shop for the same purpose!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

John,
    Nice tour, nice shop. Now let's make it look like a "Real" shop and get some sawdust all over everthing!
    If sawdust were gold, I'd be rich!

Byron Trantham
    Fredericksburg, VA
    WUD WKR1

You Win!

You certainly have a nice shop, John. I'm green with envy.
    Herb
    Carrollton, Texas

Whatever you are, be a good one. -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Heppeard
    I can only see one problem with your shop. It looks like nothing goes on there...where's all the sawdust?? C'mon, tell the truth...This one is for show and you really have another shop that you use all the time. Just kidding...Looks like a great set up. I'm green just thinking about all the room you have...mine's only 19X22 inside.
    Greg, he just bribes his daughter into cleaning for him!!

John,

WOW!!!!!!!! Fantastic job on the shop!! BUT...Where are all those planes???? Perhaps I missed them but I don't see any big 'ole hand tool cabinets.

Thanks for posting,

t
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To paraphrase Mr. Parkinson: "The number of tools grows to fill the space available for them". Wonderful shop, John. If my mother hadn't told me envy was a sin, I'd be green right now.
    18th century nut --- Carl

John,

That is a great shop! Makes you want to make some great stuff! I really enjoyed the tour!
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker
    Very nice tour, John. A great shop that as you said, came with a complimentary house!

That assembly table is a nice size...a new top, either of a couple layers of MDF or a torsion box would make a nice shop project and bring it to total flatness. If I had the room, that's what I'd build for my shop for the same purpose!
    Jim, you must've gotten an A+ in college for "ESP-101", as that is on my list of "to-do"s. Though, I didn't give the torsion box assembly thought before. Hmmmm....Would be better yet! Thanks!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!