Although I joined this board a few years ago a couple of health issues kept me out of my garage the last 2 1/2 years or so. Last week I got the ok from the physical therapist to start working with tools again! can I get a Wahoo on that?

My table saw is a Shop Fox cabinent on a Shop Fox mobile base. I did not like the SF base too much. My garage floor is not as level as could be and those little wheels on the base did not get along too well. Additionaly I never liked how low the saw sat. A back injury from my teenage days means that stooping down to use the saw is painful.

My solution was to have a friend of mine weld 6 inch sections of 3 inch tubing to the castor platforms on the base. This combined with four inch castors from the local Woodcraft effectively raises my saw about 5 1/2 inches off the floor. My table height will be about 41" which is a lot more reasonable for my back.

It just now occured to me that I may need to anchor the saw to the base to prevent tipping while scooting around my garage. I've come up with a few ideas of my own but thought I might put the question out to fellow creekers to see what y'all think.

BTW I also had my buddy build up bases for my jointer, drill press, and bandsaw. My garage is only 9 1/2 feet x 16 1/2 feet so making everything mobile was a priority of mine.