Thread: NE Walnut & Zebrawood bowl

NE Walnut & Zebrawood bowl

Here is a couple I've finished the past few days.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thomas, that's a lot of bark you were able to save. I really like the wood in the Zebra wood bowl.

3. Love the zebrawood bowl.....great grain structure in zebrawood......it is now a witness bowl, thanks to your signing! Good for you!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Nice,

I really like the NE walnut. very nice. The zebrawood bowl is nice as well. I like like the shape very much and I know there was work involved in getting things as smooth as you got them.

It seems maybe you used an Oil (BLO?) on the zebrawood? I have found that it can diminish the contrast in the grain of the Zebrawood. I think one loses the subtleties in the grain w/ oil on zebra. I will only use wax or a clear shellac/friction polish on zebrawood this keeps the higher contrast intact.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the replies. I used EEE first and then Shellawax. The nice fellow that showed me how to start turning used it and that is all I really know the best how to use.

EEE? Not familliar w/ the Acronym.

as far a paste wax application. Easy as pie, Rub on, rub off. I do it right on the lathe.

EEE - Ultra Shine is a cut and polish paste wax containing Tripoli powder (also known in Australia as Rotten Stone) an ultra fine abrasive. The polish is designed to be used in conjunction with Shellawax Cream & liquid or as a finish in its own right on plastics and some stone.

Interesting. Never used that before. Sounds pretty neat anyway...

It does a great job sanding after you have sanded all you can. It will help some places you can't sand.

Beautiful work Thomas!! I like the grain orientation on your zebrawood, give it some movement. Your sig is great! Look up!
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears combat boots

Thanks for the replies. I figure that is the greatest message that there is and why not share it. It changed me and can change the world if they'll let it. We're in revival at church and the good Lord is moving greatly. Just enjoying his presence. God Bless You All.

Really nice looking bowls. I like the both but love the zebra wood and it's simple form.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.