Thread: OK, I've gone and done it

OK, I've gone and done it

Just placed an order on Uncle Bob's site for the OF1400 and the CDD and eccentric chuck. I guess the $69 Ridgid drill is going back now that I just bought another. Decided I could really use the eccentric chuck on the cabinet build. Quick, hide it from my wife. Of course, I have been making room in the shop lately for these additions. Pic police will get offical shots when the packages arrive, cheating if I steal them from Uncle Bob's site.
    Scott C. in KC
    Befco Designs

Congrats on the new toys, I mean tools. I'd bet that the eccentric Check would be nice!

You know there is an interesting obsession with Festool around here. I'm beginning to think it's a borg type takeover. heheh well I would if they weren't such darn good tools.

Correction, that's the TDD not CDD. I went with the special priced one and bought the extra chuck.
    Scott C. in KC
    Befco Designs

Very nice, Scott. Festool is a wonderful tool maker and the eccentric chuck is simply awesome...it has allowed me to drive screws straight where otherwise impossible without the offset.

I also like the smaller size of the CDD. You should look into getting the Centrotec chuck as well...nice and compact on an already compact drill.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

I just got the 1400. I think you'll like it.

Jay
    Jay St. Peter

Congratulations! No doubt, you have bought two good tools.

I just started using my Festool drill (TDK) late last week and I realy like it. I have already used the eccentric chuck at leat a dozon times and the right angled chuck a couple of times.

I will be ordering the 1400 router once I decide whether or not to buy the MFS Routing Template along with it. I hope that someone reviews that template soon so that I can find out just what it does and does not do.