Thread: Veritas Router Table Insert

Veritas Router Table Insert

Has anyone used / owned the Veritas router table insert? It's round and has a pretty nifty design. However, I can't find any solid endorsements for it.

http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/pag...=1,43000,51208

Very interesting design + I like the idea of being able to use an insert ring or guide bushing. I don't like not being able to adjust the cutter height from above the table though.
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. My desk is a work station.

I have their router table, which is quite similar. I really like it and think it has many advantages. The fence, right angle sled and various accessories are fantastic. I would not trade it for any other router table I have seen. However, the other commenter is right. Changing the cutter height is cumbersome and that is a disadvantage. I have toyed with the idea of buying a router with above the table adjustment and drilling an access hole. Not sure if it would work.

I have it. I like it a lot. It's the only router table I've used, so I can't compare. I end popping the whole thing--router and insert--in and out to change bits, which I find handy. I have a Bosch router which has tee handle that allows fine tuning of height adjustments from above. Installation instructions and tools are quite good.

Nelson