You may recognize me from such posts as "Can two coats of em6000 be enough?", to which I reply "almost."

Though I tried to follow the sage's advice and mind my edges, I have a few places where I have rubbed through the em6000 (and I guess through the shellac) to expose a thin line of bare wood. As this is my first time using shellac and em6000, I'm unsure of the best fix. My thoughts are:

1. Touch up the bare wood with a swipe of shellac, followed by em6000 with a detail brush and rub it back out.

2. Touch up the bare wood with a swipe of shellac, then spray the whole surface again with one or two or three coats of em6000.

3. Take it back to bare wood and start over.

I stopped originally after two coats because I liked the look of the texture of the wood showing through just a bit, and was trying to avoid too plastic a look. I was successful rubbing out the base, the carcass, four of the seven drawers, the bottom molding. But I do have rub through on three drawers and one corner of the top molding piece. If I spray additional coats on three drawers, I'll have to do the same to the other four so they match. Additional coats on the top piece probably wouldn't stand out.

For what it's worth, I rubbed out with mineral spirits and 600grit paper to knock off any nibs, followed by gray scotchbrite pad. No wax or steel wool was used.

I know at least one person out there has made the same mistake in the past. What worked for you?

Thanks,

Nelson