Thread: Grizz G0623X

Grizz G0623X

I am hoping that some of the G0623X owners will be able to give me a little guidance. I am looking at purchasing a 623x and I began to wonder about how to accomplish some of the task I currently perform on my cabinet saw now. The one I cannot seem to get my head around is creating tenons with the 623. My tenoning jig will not fit into the larger slider table miter slot. After looking at the display at Bellingham it appears that the miter gauge is mounted to a larger piece of bar stock that fits into the miter slot. Is there a different type of tenoning jig for a slider or another way of creating them on a slider.

This being said are there other functions normally performed on the cabinet saw that CANNOT be performed on a sliding saw? Thanks for reading.

Hi Ralph, I have a slider (Hammer B3) and don't make tenons on the saw, I use the shaper. (When I owned a cabinet saw I gave up on the tenon jig because I could never come up with a guard that worked).

If I did want to make tenons on the saw I would use a dado and the hold down clamp on the slider.

I find the slider more capable, with higher accuracy and greater functionality than the cabinet saw it replaced.................Regards, Rod.

I have the G0623X and the slider does not have miter slots that would work with the usual tenon jig. If I need tenons cut I'd use the slider and a dado blade, try it I think you just might like it.

Regards!
    Ed

Thanks guys for the feedback. I imagined that this would be a case of learning new ways to accomplish old tasks.