Thread: Craftsman C3 Tools....run on Li-on & Ni-Cad batts??

Craftsman C3 Tools....run on Li-on & Ni-Cad batts??

Hi all

I recently picked up a C3 drill driver & circ saw Li-on combo at sears. came with 1 battery. my local stores dont seem to carry lithium ion batteries. Will these tools run on Ni-cad C3 batteries?

I'm in a bind and need an extra battery tomorrow to get a small job done. my local sears has the ni-cads for $25 a pop.

Thoughts?

Thanks

George

What does the owner's manual say?
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Li-ion or NiCad, the tool itself doesn't care. The only thing you have to watch is if the charger is multi-chemistry or not. Since you bought the Li-ion combo, it should be. Just check the manual, or it should say right on the charger.

C3 Nicad will work with the set you bought. c3 li-ion charger can charge nicad battery, otoh c3 nicad charger cannot charge c3 li-on battery

I've got the 19.2v Ni-cads with my C3 impact driver and drill. While I typically prefer Li-Ion over Ni-Cad, I can say that the C3 Ni-Cads have been strong running and hold charge fairly well (3-4 years old and still running strong).
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    What does the owner's manual say?
    That would be too easy, Ken It was an open box purchase, no manual included. I spent some time last night searching the internet but all i kept downloading from Sears was the Ni-Cad manual.

I bought the combo for $60....is that a gloat too!

Thanks

George