Thread: Band saw tension spring installation?

Band saw tension spring installation?

I had been planning to upgrade anyway when the original broke.

I pulled everything off the top casting. Now how do I get the scew out of the tension assembly? I'm concerned the scew threads are stripped as the
    Assebly is
    Slipping when tensioning, but hoping the new spring will fix it.

I also discovered the tension screw is drilling a nice hole in the upper casting. My next saw will definitely be steel-spined.

Thanks!

You can add a piece of HDPE (milk jug) under end of tennsion rod. Iturra Design says to just drill out started hole, tap it, and then add a grade 8 bolt as wear surface. While you have tension rod out, using sander / grinder round the end. If saw is either a Delta / Jet 14", the nut is 3/8"- 16 square. Lowes stocks them in the drawers in hardware section. You can take a piece of 3/8" rod, and thread it. Go to window repair parts, and get a crank that is 3/8" inside. Take it to vise and drill out the knurling. Attach it to you newly threaded rod, and have a speeder crank instead of knob. Of course if old thread is stripped, just cut it in two and thread the end, and then add coupling nut with some "red" lock-tite.