Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sublimation vs. Direct Substrate Printing

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Overturf View Post
    We use Sublidecal for alot of things. One it can be laser cut I have done it many times. 2 It says its not outdoor durable but I made a sticker for the window of my wifes car its been there for over a year and looks as good now as the day I put it on. We have used it to make our own mylar inserts and also used it to put full color logos on banners only down side is the size limits
    The instruction sheet says it's waterproof but that doesn't make it UV resistant. It will surely fade over time, but so will almost anything else that is made with an ink process. I suspect it would hold up pretty well with limited exposure to the sun and elements. You could make some nice door plates with it.
    Just as a side note, I found some white coated hardboard at Lowes for $13.00 for a 4x8 sheet! Cut this in the laser to whatever shape you want and sublidecal it , wahla, inexpensive product with high perceived value.
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

I have actually done that a few times with the hardboard. I'm sure it will fade at some point but so far so good. Also wanted to mention Johnson Plastics has it in a 12 inch by 50 foot roll I dont have anything to do with pricing or ordering but if thats what my boss buys I'm sure its the cheapest way to get the most for your money!

Johnson Plastics and Conde both sell coated hardboard I use it quite a bit.

It's a nice product with many uses!
    Martin Boekers

1 - Epilog Radius 25watt laser 1998
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2005
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2007
    1 - Epilog Fusion M2 32 120watt laser with camera 2015
    2 - Geo Knight K20S 16x20 Heat Press
    Geo Knight K Mug Press,
    Ricoh GX-7000 Dye Sub Printer
    Zerox Phaser 6360 Laser Printer
    numerous other tools and implements
    of distruction/distraction!

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Boekers View Post
    Johnson Plastics and Conde both sell coated hardboard I use it quite a bit.

It's a nice product with many uses!
    This hardboard is just coated with something white,,it's not sublimation poly coat. But cheappppp! Yes, I like the sub coated product too. Colors just pop out. The FRP and aluminum work well too.
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

I have the 12 x 50 foot roll.... I make Reflective License Plates with it... cover the license plate with white reflective and trim. Apply the Mates over it... Yes, it can fade but so far everyone has been happy with it.... I do the Hitch Covers the same... Making a reflective insert... Then I fill the cover with Epoxy Dome.... Now that has a greater perceived value.....

Reflective Stickers too....

This method will need to DO until I get the $41K to buy a UJF-3042.... LOL.....

AL
    1 Laser, 4 CarveWrights, Star 912 Rotary, CLTT, Sublimation, FC7000 Vinyl, 911 Signs, Street Signs, Tourist Products and more.
    Home of the Fire Department "Epoxy Dome Accountability Tag and Accountability Boards".