Thread: I saw a face on televsion I recognized..grizzled guy.....Yankee Workshop....

I saw a face on televsion I recognized..grizzled guy.....Yankee Workshop....

The TV Guide on my cable channel is so inaccurate it isn't funny but it was correct this time.

My local PBS station is showing reruns of New Yankee Workshop but they are listed as "Yankee Workshop" in the guide.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I guess it ain't 'new' anymore.

I wonder why Norm gave up the show ?

Alan

I thoroughly enjoyed watching Norm's show (or perhaps more precisely his producers show). I have not seen an episode since the series ended.
    Measure twice, cut three times, start over. Repeat as necessary.

Norm got me interested. When I saw that show yesterday, it was the first time I'd seen any of his shows on PBS since he retired. I was surprised.

Alan, Norm's producer said in an interview when Norm had a goal to retire or reduce the amount of work he was doing when he reached a certain age. I forget how old he is but he reached that age and discontinued the show NYW.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    Norm got me interested. When I saw that show yesterday, it was the first time I'd seen any of his shows on PBS since he retired. I was surprised.

Alan, Norm's producer said in an interview when Norm had a goal to retire or reduce the amount of work he was doing when he reached a certain age. I forget how old he is but he reached that age and discontinued the show NYW.
    I think it was a combination of age for both Russell Morash-producer & director who I think is in his 70s and Norm who's in his 60s. Sponsorship $$ may have entered into it as well. They're both still involved with This Old House AFAIK.