Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Masked Marshall Strikes Again!

1. That was a very sweet thing to do, Ms. Marshall.............very classy indeed!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Very generous and a bit sneaky...

As said, kudos to you for your generosity, but an extra 'well-done' for your ability to make it happen without each one knowing!! That's the best part of giving...the surprise!
    Laugh at least once daily, even if at yourself!

Kathy, you are something else! I wake up to the sound of my postal carrier leaving the house with a giant thud. (Poor guy has suffered tremendously since I started turning, one day he even asked me "are you ordering a transmission piece by piece")

What is it? Why it's 30# of solid mesquite from Kathy. (This is some spectacular looking mesquite) You totally made my day Kathy, this is super cool of you! Now I am going to have to figure out a way to surprise you! You're something special Kathy! Thank you!

(I grew up in Kansas City, you're dang straight the shavings are going into my smoker. Gonna do some turning, and smoke some Ribs!)

Last edited by Rick Markham; 06-23-2011 at 5:26 PM.
    “I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.” ~ Albert Einstein

Hey Rick! Surprise!

I have to say, making someone's day really brings a smile to my face!
    "If it is wood, I will turn it."
    vor-tex: any activity, situation, or way of life regarded as irresistibly engulfing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Markham View Post
    Kathy, you are something else! I wake up to the sound of my postal carrier leaving the house with a giant thud. (Poor guy has suffered tremendously since I started turning, one day he even asked me "are you ordering a transmission piece by piece")

What is it? Why it's 30# of solid mesquite from Kathy. (This is some spectacular looking mesquite) You totally made my day Kathy, this is super cool of you! Now I am going to have to figure out a way to surprise you! You're something special Kathy! Thank you!

(I grew up in Kansas City, you're dang straight the shavings are going into my smoker. Gonna do some turning, and smoke some Ribs!)

Rick,
    I couldn't help but noticing your tail stock hanging off the back of the lathe..... do you need an extension? :-) Kathy, you are obviously a very generious person and are to be congratulated. Hope these guys reciprocate in no small way.
    "Count your age by friends, Count your life by smiles."

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Markham View Post

How cool is that! Kathy you are awesome, and a very generous person! Have fun Rick, not sure what I am going to turn with my piece yet but I know I will enjoy it! Rick it looks like your tailstock is just about at its limit there!?!
    Critiques on works posted are always welcome

Yep...I'm certainly impressed. Kathy just prances around sprinkling her pixie dust and everyone smiles!! 'cept maybe the postal worker that has to lug them around!
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

Well, well... Looks like Ms. Marshall has managed to make someone else's day too!

I heard the thud of something heavy on my porch today as well. It's a gorgeous hunk of mesquite!
    KathyMarshallRocks.jpg

Kathy, I can't tell you how much I appreciate you and your generosity! I actually turned my chunk today into a nice salad bowl... I'll post some photos when I get it finished. Today started out as a stinker, but it ended up so sweet thanks to you! You're the best!

David, you've already turned yours? Haha, that's great. Kathy totally did a number on us!

You're seriously one cool friend Kathy!

Ed, do you have an extension? I will ALWAYS consider adding to the mustard monster.

Tim, the 3520B's tailstock is made so you can actually use it like that, or store it that way, just a simple thought that gives you a few more inches of useable bed space. Pretty niffty huh!
    “I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.” ~ Albert Einstein

Kathy's a heck of a generous person, and I've been on the receiving end of that generosity more than once! Thank you, thank you, thank you! That's what I love about turners......

I get to join this club! Came home today to one of those boxes on my doorstep too! I know just what I'm going to do with this.... Thanx so much!
    David DeCristoforo

I think I've figured it out! Kathy is related to Santa Claus and is summering in the desert. Yeah, that's it. Santa's niece or something. Yeah...Santa's niece - it all makes sense now. Prolly got little elfan helpers too. Notice how late she posts her work? That's so no one will see them..... very tricky and sneaky.

Quote Originally Posted by David DeCristoforo View Post
    I get to join this club! Came home today to one of those boxes on my doorstep too! I know just what I'm going to do with this.... Thanx so much!
    You're welcome David, I know whatever you turn from it will be amazing!

Just picturing you guys opening your surprise packages gives me such a good feeling!
    vor-tex: any activity, situation, or way of life regarded as irresistibly engulfing.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael James View Post
    I think I've figured it out! Kathy is related to Santa Claus and is summering in the desert. Yeah, that's it. Santa's niece or something. Yeah...Santa's niece - it all makes sense now. Prolly got little elfan helpers too. Notice how late she posts her work? That's so no one will see them..... very tricky and sneaky.
    LOL...It's just to bad the little elves are too small to handle the chain saw!

Quote Originally Posted by David E Keller View Post
    Well, well... Looks like Ms. Marshall has managed to make someone else's day too!

I heard the thud of something heavy on my porch today as well. It's a gorgeous hunk of mesquite!
    KathyMarshallRocks.jpg

Kathy, I can't tell you how much I appreciate you and your generosity! I actually turned my chunk today into a nice salad bowl... I'll post some photos when I get it finished. Today started out as a stinker, but it ended up so sweet thanks to you! You're the best!
    You're very Welcome David! Glad I could "turn" your day around! and looking forward to seeing your new salad bowl!