Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Where do you buy your three corner files??

Damaged in whse. is their #1 excuse,if you read their feedback.

I got one last one last week that I don't think I mentioned.

Quality distributing sent me a bill that said very clearly on it "nichoson x-slim 6" file - pack of 6", quantity 2.

In the bag, two files, regardless of what the bill said. I guess nobody reads orders. They probably don't think they have time to.

I'm not going to bother to contact them, same as prior, just negative feedback.

This is not the first time some screwup in amazon's info system has wasted my time, but it's the first time it was for what appeared to be a possible discount deal. I buy stuff from them less and less often lately, it's easier just to figure out who listed on amazon and then just go to that manufacturer's site. This is probably the third or fourth time, maybe more, that orders didn't come through right either through amazon or through a third party listing on amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by David Weaver View Post
    ...This is not the first time some screwup in amazon's info system has wasted my time, but it's the first time it was for what appeared to be a possible discount deal. I buy stuff from them less and less often lately, it's easier just to figure out who listed on amazon and then just go to that manufacturer's site. This is probably the third or fourth time, maybe more, that orders didn't come through right either through amazon or through a third party listing on amazon.
    The only time this has happened before was also with files. Seems to me this is a problem for hardware vendors only, and I'd hesitate to make judgements globally.

Pam

I had it happen with amazon themselves. Twice with grip tites, back when I had a TS and used it.

They charged me for an entire grip tite system twice, and both times, I only got one of the little magnetic clamps. Both times, I had to waste time tracking down a return label, calling their service department to explain they had labeled the boxes wrong and were shipping a single featherboard with the label for an entire system. That at the time was $35 vs. about $130.

The second time I called when I had the wrong one, I told them I didn't know if I wanted to go for another round because they were still labeled wrong and they informed me that regardless of what I wanted to do, by policy I would be barred from making any future orders, even if they got the SKU corrected, since I had "returned the item twice" (even though I only returned it because they sent me a $35 part of a $130 item).

They aren't necessarily the low price player any longer, anyway, so there's no great reason to deal with the hassle.

There are others, too, one that caused me to take an extra day off of work trying to figure out where something was, but there's no reason to go into extra detail.

I'm late at getting back with some information on the Nicholson files. I've attached some pictures of two different eras of Nicholson boxes. The older ones have a different label and are made in Providence Rhode Island. The newer ones are marketed as Cooper Tools U.S.A.

Now the later ones where still made in the U.S.A but the quality can range from good to poor. So made in U.S.A on these doesn't mean everything. Stick with the older box style if you can run across them.

Take care,
    Daryl

DSC07804.jpg DSC07805.jpg