Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Where do you buy your three corner files??

George,

I ordered some myself. We can only wait and see what happens. They may be poor enough quality that we send them back anyway.

You may be looking in the wrong place at Lowe's. I went to the tool section and all I saw were the imports with the obnoxious hex handles. Happened to stumble across chainsaw files of good make in the area where they sell chainsaws. I think there MAY have been a few other files,but I wanted chainsaw files at that time. Can't recall the make,but they were o.k..

I make dirt out of woodworking tools.

Wouldn't be the first time that has happened. Those places drive me nuts sometimes. Just the other day I was looking for a new grinder wheel in Lowe's. Would have thought they'd be in the tool section next to the grinders...NOPE. They were in an area all by themselves in the lumber yard. Ridiculous.

The only thing I like about Lowe's is that I am getting a way better selection on SYP for my bench top.

Quote Originally Posted by george wilson View Post
    You may be looking in the wrong place at Lowe's. I went to the tool section and all I saw were the imports with the obnoxious hex handles. Happened to stumble across chainsaw files of good make in the area where they sell chainsaws. I think there MAY have been a few other files,but I wanted chainsaw files at that time. Can't recall the make,but they were o.k..
    It's sufficiently stout..

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Wyatt View Post
    This is probably an error, but you can order a 12 pack of Nicholson files from Amazon.com for $4 right now.

http://www.amazon.com/Nicholson-Tria.../dp/B0002JT40Q
    It is showing $57 and change now.

Well,I have my receipt showing I paid $3.99 each for 6 packages. I hope they don't try to up the price on me. I'd rather have them cancel the order than have to pay to return the files.

Guess they found they had fouled up when everyone started ordering. I wasn't sure. I've purchased government surplus files cheap before. Once I bought about 6 sets of Grobet needle files,NIB,for $3.00 a set. They came out of armories.

P.S.,just checked my account,and it says the order is as I made it,and cannot be changed or cancelled. Looks like I and whoever else ordered,MADE OUT!!!!!!
    Last edited by george wilson; 06-23-2011 at 4:06 PM.

DANGIT! I knew I should have bought a butt load of them!!

Quote Originally Posted by george wilson View Post
    Mark,I just ordered 6 packages of files. It says several places that they are packages of 12. If so,this is a great bargain,but I hope I don't end up sending them back if it is a mistake. Due on July 7. I could report on the files when they come in. Trouble is,they may all be gone by then.
    It's sufficiently stout..

Wyatt,if you have any more hot tips,feel free to let us know!!!!

Did anyone else order??????
    Last edited by george wilson; 06-23-2011 at 4:18 PM.

Couple of months ago I ordered a file through Amazon, stated Pack of 12: Nicholson Flat Magicut Hand File, American Pattern, Magicut, 8" Length (Pack of 12) Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC $7.08. I receive a single file, which I kind of expected, but still. Normally I would have jumped all over Amazon (btw, you never have to return items bought through Amazon if they're not as described, and you still get all your money back), but I had better things to do at the time, didn't have the heart for it.

Pam

George,

My new search if for an apple tree, suitable for quarter sawn stock. Now, if I were a big apple tree, where would I be hiding?

I have let guys out of their screwed up deals before. A few years ago,a music dealer in Richmond fouled up and sold me(a bunch of trading obfuscated the thinking) a $4500.00 guitar for about $1400.00 in trade and cash. He jumped when he saw what he had done!!! I let him out of it. Bet he was more careful next time!!

Back in 1982 I had some dealings with a local artist who lived next to an abandoned apple orchard. The tees were only about 8" in dia. at the most. I have NO idea where the guy lived by now. I should start trying to look him up. If those trees are still there,unattended,they might be pretty big by now.
    Last edited by george wilson; 06-23-2011 at 4:44 PM.

I bought 4 sets when reading this thread at 2:30 pm.
    Ron Conlon

I ordered a dozen each of four different sizes. That's less than a buck each including shipping. Thanks!

Only the ones that Mark W provided a direct link to jumped in price. Go to Amazon and enter Nicholson Triagular and the others will show up. Extra slims and other lengths still available in 12-packs for 4-5 bucks. At least for a short while!
    Ron Conlon

Mine were about 42 cents each with shipping included. They sure cleaned up their act fast after those orders started rolling in. I wonder how many boxes they have on hand? I just got the 6"