Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Where do you buy your three corner files??

Quote Originally Posted by David Weaver View Post
    I sure would like to run into some good NOS files sometime, like old enough that they are more than 0.95% or 1% carbon, and really hard. I've never used anything better than grobets, but even they don't seem that hard. Maybe I'm just using them on old saws with hard spots.
    I'd like to try Grobet's "Valtitan" line (google "Valtitan"). They claim a surface hardness of 72rc and the ability to file materials up to 65rc. They even make knife edged barrette files in this material (for the "dovetail file" thread).

I took the hit on the shipping. Oh well, still saved $100.
    It's sufficiently stout..

Blog Entries
    Toolfetch bailed on me. They are refunding my charges. They are sorry for the inconvenience.

How did you take a hit on shipping,John? How did you save $100.00?

Lowell,you should call Amazon like I did,and insist that they keep their word? Apparently they are going to send my files(Mexican as they may be).
    800-508-5735

This is the Toolfetch number. I just called Michele Grant(who emailed me about the "damaged FILE) and asked her to email confirmation that they would ship the files in 6-8 weeks as she had promised orally a while ago. I should have asked her why the long delay,too.
    Last edited by george wilson; 06-27-2011 at 11:50 AM.

The shipping was more than the files, but I did get 54 files for $60 (shipping included). I mean, really, if I had bought 54 files at $4 a piece that would be $216, so I saved quite a bit. That's kind of an excessive amount of files, but I do use them until they screech and squeal, so I would like to have a more disposable selection. It's too bad the 4" xx slims were all out....I could have really used some.

I'm out of control. I'm a total tightwad until I spend a little bit then the levy breaks. Right after I bought the files I bought the two Langeskov wood planes on ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by george wilson View Post
    How did you take a hit on shipping,John? How did you save $100.00?

Lowell,you should call Amazon like I did,and insist that they keep their word? Apparently they are going to send my files(Mexican as they may be).
    800-508-5735
    Last edited by john brenton; 06-27-2011 at 11:58 AM.

John,are your files actually in your hot little hands yet?

I started to order more of the files,but saw that they would charge individual shipping on each pack of files,so,having ordered a bunch already,at a total of $7.00+,I decided not to order more. I was already suspicious anyway.

WHY can't people and companies just be honest ! I HAVE let guys out of much bigger deals because they were just honest with me. I get lied to enough by people without putting up with this lie. Especially offensive are the ones who profess to like truth.

among them,I had a few bosses like that. One,a BIG company man,right down the line,till they eliminated his position!!! Truth to him was whatever was convenient to the company,OR his EGO.

I notice that my acount on Amazon STILL says my order will ship and cannot be changed or CANCELLED. You guys who let them mistreat you should not be letting them do it. This looks like a contract to me.
    Last edited by george wilson; 06-27-2011 at 12:11 PM.

No, not yet. I had a 3 day shipping time though, so it should be any time now. I'm almost hoping that it falls through because I shouldn't have spent that money...but it was too good of a deal to pass up.

I'll let the forum know if they pull any crap and I won't let them out of it without something in return. If I was the one asking to wiggle out I doubt they would let me.

John,are your files actually in your hot little hands yet?

I started to order more of the files,but saw that they would charge individual shipping on each pack of files,so,having ordered a bunch already,at a total of $7.00+,I decided not to order more. I was already suspicious anyway.

WHY can't people and companies just be honest ! I HAVE let guys out of much bigger deals because they were just honest with me. I get lied to enough by people without putting up with this lie. Especially offensive are the ones who profess to like truth.

among them,I had a few bosses like that. One,a BIG company man,right down the line,till they eliminated his position!!! Truth to him was whatever was convenient to the company,OR his EGO.

I notice that my acount on Amazon STILL says my order will ship and cannot be changed or CANCELLED. You guys who let them mistreat you should not be letting them do it. This looks like a contract to me.

I think this comment was never intended to protect the buyer, but to keep the customer from thinking they can do anything to cancel or change an order after they make it. I'm assuming since amazon has such a liberal return policy, they probably also have a huge cohort of folks buying from them who love to exercise that return policy, even to the point of making orders and cancelling them as they find better ones a couple of minutes later.

This is the Toolfetch number. I just called Michele Grant(who emailed me about the "damaged FILE) and asked her to email confirmation that they would ship the files in 6-8 weeks as she had promised orally a while ago. I should have asked her why the long delay,too.
    I'll bet they try to cancel it in 6-8 weeks. It seems unlikely that cooper would run out of files such that what is likely a drop shipper (tool fetch) couldn't just have some drop shipped. they probably just don't want to eat the price difference.

It doesn't say I am the one who can't change or cancel it. If that is so,they need to be more specific.

Well, just gathering that from the fact that every order says that once it gets into something permanently. For orders shipped by amazon, it goes there almost immediately. I guess for the others, it goes there once they've confirmed that the drop shipper or retailer has received the order. It's still usually pretty quick.

However, amazon has come back around after an order was placed and told people that they were cancelling the order due to a mistake in the listing.

It's dirty pool for a secondary retailer to likely lie to you and tell you that a file was damaged to try to back out of the order on you, though. Not cool.

I would let them go if they were honest, too, as I will probably do when the retailers who are holding my orders cancel them. If they just send me one file, though, then I'll just do whatever I can to leave them negative feedback.

Now Toolfetch has reneged on their promise to send an Email confirmation of my order being filled. She said her manager said the order is pending and that was enough. I don't trust these guys as far as I could throw them.Amazon apparently cancels orders if they aren't sent within 30 days,she said. I think this is what they are waiting for. I have asked for their manager to call me.

George,

I just had the exact same conversation with someone from Toolfetch. He says Amazon won't let them keep an order open for more than 30 days. He will "get back to me." Right, sure he will, about the time pigs fly. Why not just say, "it was a mistake and we cannot sell the items at that price." It would make life much easier.

Meanwhile, BIC Superstore through Amazon is still offering the files at a steep discount. Maybe they will have "damage" at their warehouse too.

If they fail to keep their word,I will complain about them to Amazon. I hope everyone else who got the snow job will also. Don't just be meek and let them shove you around.

Doing this reporting to Amazon is the only way they will learn to be honest in their business dealings. This reminds me of the politicians who get caught in scandals and INVARIABLY try to lie their way out of it. They are so stupid to try that in this age of information. Just admit it up front and be done with it. I think the public would be more forgiving if they would just come clean.
    Last edited by george wilson; 06-27-2011 at 1:37 PM.

Well, at least we know the reason they said that the order will be filled in 6 weeks, they can drop it and then pretend they didn't have the conversation with you.

If they cancel your order, I wonder if you can even leave feedback. Going directly to amazon is a better way to do it, you'll maybe have a better chance of being heard.

I wonder what it is with places that they feel like they need to lie. I wouldn't trust anyone these days who won't put something in writing.