Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Where do you buy your three corner files??

Amazon won't hit your credit card until the seller says it's shipped; although they do go for authorization right away, which usually impacts debit cards. You guys convinced me to order a couple of sets of triangular slim and extra slim files from BIC on Friday, such a good deal, but they still haven't shipped. We'll see.

Pam

I also just got home from work and saw Toolfetch's email about damaged files. Will have to get on the horn I suppose and follow George's lead. I knew this deal was far too good to be true. I mean what kind of damage can really happen to a crate of files. They must've had some kind of bomb go off in the warehouse. I'll have to call and find out. I also will NOT be lied to and let them get away with it. Tell me the messed up with the price and I'd be happy to let them off. THere are far too many relieable companies in this trade that go out of their way to make us woodworkers happy to let some company lie to me. False advertisement as far as I can tell.

My post vanished: I guess the promise from the woman at Toolfetch to have the supervisor call me after his lunch was a lie,too. Must have been an all afternoon lunch.

After reading Amazon's policies about problems, I think if the shipper refunds the money,not much can be done about it.

If we ALL call Toolfetch,and Email Amazon with complaints,and let them know that this is becoming a well read issue on forums where tool users chat,it might give them pause.

Toolfetch's Email according to the woman who answers the phone is contact@toolfetch.com Since her email address was with held from her message to me,I wonder if that is a lie,too.

There are STILL several boxes of 12 files on Amazon's listing. Science and Industrial,and BIC still list them. Shipping is high at $8.00+,and they'll probably hit you for shipping PER BOX. I wouldn't order what are likely Mexican files at that price.

I have posted this snow job on 2 other forums. Hope some of you would do the same.
    Last edited by george wilson; 06-27-2011 at 6:51 PM.

Yeah, shipping made me really consider cancelling my order. I filled my cart then I slept on it. The next day I decided that at the very worst I paid for a whole bunch of low quality files that will last me longer than a few high quality ones.
    It's sufficiently stout..

I've already got my complaint into Toolfetch with zero response. I'll be complaining to Amazon and, if my credit card is ever billed, to them as well. Visa and Mastercard do not like bad merchants, especially internet merchants.

Greetings from Amazon.com,

We're writing to inform you that your order xxxxxxx from BIC Superstore has been canceled.

Your credit card was not charged for this order.

If you're still interested in this item, please search for it again on Amazon.com.

We've included your order details below for reference.

We value you as a customer and hope you will continue shopping on Amazon.com.

==================================================
    ORDER DETAILS
    ==================================================

1 of Nicholson Triangular Extra Slim Taper Hand File, Single Cut, American Pattern, 4" Length (Pack of 12)
    (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000L0E78K)

1 of Nicholson Triangular Slim Taper Hand File, Single Cut, American Pattern, 7" Length (Pack of 12)
    (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000W05JYK)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Davis NC View Post
    Greetings from Amazon.com,

We're writing to inform you that your order xxxxxxx from BIC Superstore has been canceled.

Your credit card was not charged for this order....
    Yep, that's what I got an hour ago. Oh, well, an example of what happens when special offers go viral.

Pam

Likewise. Suitably indignant email sent (FWIW).

This is funny. We all (I did,anyway) knew we were going to get the shaft,and now everyone is upset because we did!! I am going to keep on them,and I hope ALL of us do.

Quote Originally Posted by george wilson View Post
    This is funny. We all (I did,anyway) knew we were going to get the shaft,and now everyone is upset because we did!! I am going to keep on them,and I hope ALL of us do.
    I'm not at all upset, nor do I think I got the shaft, maybe wasted a few minutes at worst. Now this is for the company called BIC, the Tooltech guys appear a little stupider. I'm sure this is a result of how sku's are handled. The manufacture sells in packs of 12, the retailer sells in packs of 1; so some stupid, careless clerk, or maybe some poorly written and designed code, posts the item to the ultimate reseller as packs of 12 for a price of 1. And, of course, we all jump all over the mistake hoping for extrordinarily good deals.

Pam

We were all hoping to get a good deal,true. Stranger things have happened. As I mentioned,I have bought Government surplus brand new Grobet #2 needle file sets for $3.00 at a local flea market. Who here knew if the files were some kind of surplus? Nothing ventured,nothing gained,is there?

I am not miffed because I didn't get my files. I am miffed because Toolfetch had to lie about it rather than JUST BEING HONEST.

I got the same email from BIC. I got another one from quality distributing that said they shipped my order - 1x slim files, two packs. We'll see what they are, i'm not holding my breath that they'll actually be two dozen files.

I think i was one of the first people who said this would be a tremendous waste of time in the end. I should've followed my own advice.

Well,Toolfetch has lied twice to me,by promising they WILL fill my order IN 6-8 weeks!! I know they will not. They are just waiting for the Amazon time to run out in 30 days,when Amazon automatically refunds my money.

That ,plus their other lie (warehouse damage) is what I don't like.

Here is my solution - I plan to submit the following order directly to b2bprofessionaltools.com
    36 Grobet brand files delivered for less than $3 a piece.
    Probably more files than I really need so if someone wants to split the order with me send me a PM.

1 AMERICAN PATTERN TAPER
    SAW FILES DOUBLE EXTRA
    SLIM 4 INCH BOX OF 12
    $22.79

1 AMERICAN PATTERN TAPER
    SAW FILES SLIM 6
    INCH BOX OF 12
    $32.40

1 AMERICAN PATTERN TAPER
    SAW FILES DOUBLE EXTRA
    SLIM 6 INCH BOX OF 12
    $30.78

Subtotal: $85.97 Shipping: $12.50 Tax: $0.00 Total: $98.47
    Last edited by Ron Kanter; 06-27-2011 at 11:07 PM. Reason: clean up the formating

If you could, let us know the country of origin printed on those files. It's hard to read the smaller ones, but it should be legible on the slim taper 6 inch files. It's likely that's what I'll be getting in the future if those are good files.