Thread: Turners choice

Turners choice

As a turner would you recommend the Grex R.O. sander for $100 or the mini R.O. by harbor freight.If you have either one i'd app. you're feedback.Also whats the best price on the Grex. Thanks Rob

Rob I have the Grex and it works, however it is noisy, takes a lot of air "read air compressor runs a lot", it is to fast and will throw the soft pad extension off. I use a corless drill and I like it better. The Grex seems to work better with the pressure turned down to about 45psi.

I have both the Harbor Freight sander and later got the Grex.
    I prefer the Grex and run it using a HF 8 gallon compressor.
    Also, I loosened the screw adjustment on the Grex, that slows it down considerably.
    Lathes: Nova DVR XP, Delta 46-460, Jet 1014vsi; Bader III 2"x72" belt grinder; Triton 2.25 router; CMT Industrio table; Jointech fence; SC planer; Dewalt miter; Delta 14" bandsaw; Festool TS55, MFT/3, CT22, ETS150/3, OF1400, PSB300EQ, CXS; Hegner Scrollsaw; JJ-6CS jointer; Grizzly 1023s cabinetsaw, Jet 17" drill press; Rigid OSS; 9" SandFlee; 3M AirStream & Breathe Easy PAPRs

I have the Grex and use it on a 26 gallon compressor with no problems at all. Like Alan said, there is a screw on the side of the Grex that adjusts the air and therefore the speed. Got mine off of Amazon. I mostly use it to finish off the bottoms of turnings.

I have a Mutabo 3" electric ROS that I'm very fond of. Might be work looking into.
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears combat boots

I have the Chicago Pneumatic sander with 2" and 3" pads. I also have a close quarters drill. The pneumatic sander leaves marks if I use it with the lathe turning. I use the drill to sand with the lathe and keep the pneumatic sander when I am holding the bowl in my lap.
    faust