Thread: Madison Indiana

Madison Indiana

Going to pass through Madison Indiana in a week or two. Any good places to hunt for old tools or just a good place to eat and something to do.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Dave,
    We went through there about 9 months ago as an alternative to the Freeways. Great History! I believe a major movie was filmed there back in the 1950's w/ Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin. As we traveled through town it looked like there were some nice antique shops and small restaurants. Being right on a major river between two states, there is bound to be some interesting used equipment shops nearby. Have fun.

Mac
    Last edited by Mac McQuinn; 07-02-2011 at 3:25 PM.

Thanks

When I was there a lot of things were blocked off along the river for the Regatta. Forgot about that going on the 4th weekend.

http://www.madisonregatta.com/
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

off of I-65 there is an indoor flea market. Exit 76. Full of old tools. Little out of your way, but I promise, worth the trip

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Southwood View Post
    off of I-65 there is an indoor flea market. Exit 76. Full of old tools. Little out of your way, but I promise, worth the trip
    Little out of the way for Madison but a good day trip from Cincinnati. Thanks for the info.
    Here is a link for anyone interested.

http://www.exit76antiques.com/contact.htm
    - Rick Dale

Caution if you go, I dropped over 200 last visit.