Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Photo ID Badges

And if you really want to grab the market...... Photo Tags...

AccountabilityTag dot.....

As he foolishly lets the Cat out of the Bag.....

AL
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by AL Ursich; 06-29-2011 at 10:32 AM.
    1 Laser, 4 CarveWrights, Star 912 Rotary, CLTT, Sublimation, FC7000 Vinyl, 911 Signs, Street Signs, Tourist Products and more.
    Home of the Fire Department "Epoxy Dome Accountability Tag and Accountability Boards".

Nice work Al. Scott's looking for an excuse to buy a sublimation printer, so here it is.
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

Thanks Al

I've been getting into CLTT and had thought about that, but was worried about the durability. That's why I was starting to think about sublimation. I wish I could cut the FRP with the laser, but it doesn't sound like that works too well.
    Scott Challoner
    30W LaserPro Spirit (Need more power)
    30W Wisely Fiber Galvo

Thanks.... I Agree... Sublimaton is the way to go.... Look at the Versatility....

Between the Tags and Wood Signs I have work for another 6 weeks.... 7 days a week...

AL
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1 Laser, 4 CarveWrights, Star 912 Rotary, CLTT, Sublimation, FC7000 Vinyl, 911 Signs, Street Signs, Tourist Products and more.
    Home of the Fire Department "Epoxy Dome Accountability Tag and Accountability Boards".

Good Luck with your Sublimation Hunt.... I Seriously think it is a the way to go.... If you wanted FRP Blanks cut to any size, I could do that for you.... You could even send me the FRP for a Cheaper Service.... Johnson Plastics will custom cut FRP too. I too did CLTT and was not as happy as Sublimation. Call JP and request a copy of the Sublimation Catalog and the Sublimation Customer Display Catalog.... There are so many items.... Soon you will get a Mug Press or Oven Wraps...

AL

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Challoner View Post
    Thanks for the info and the offer Gary. I'm going to have to think about that. This initial order would be for about 65 cards plus a few a year for new hires and lost cards. The thing is, this is for a group in a large medical complex. My hope is that others in the complex would see the cards, like them and order more. If that were the case, then maybe it would make sense to jump in with both feet, buy a printer and market them to hotels, other hospitals etc. Any idea what I could charge for a single sided photo card? No magnetic strip needed.
    Scott,
    I have a price range of about $5 to $15, retail, for my cards depending on quantity. There are usually setup charges and data change charges and if they have photos then that adds a bit as well. If you want more details on pricing I would prefer to take this off forum.

Gary

I cut my FRP on the table saw with a laminate blade then use my corner rounder. I bought a stack of off cuts a few years ago for a dollar a piece and I'm still working from them so my cost is next to nothing for material. I have my transfers printed by My Transfer Source for $1.99 a sheet.

CLT will work just fine for name tags--just don't use FRP as the substrate.

I've toyed with the idea of buying a Fargo or similar printer over the years but most of the places around here who use that tag make their own so there is limited volume.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Thanks again guys. I meet with the lady who will by ordering the tags on Thursday so I'll know more then. I did re-read her original email and she wants the badges to be two sided so I don't know if I can do that with CLT.
    I think for now I'll see if JP can cut the blanks for me (or Al?) and use My Transfer Source as Mike suggested. This will be a good way to get my feet wet in sublimation. You're right Larry, I'm trying hard to justify a new Ricoh for myself.

My next question... If I can get 10 images on a sheet, can I sublimate ten badges at a time if I make myself a jig or should I do them one at a time?

Thanks again
    Scott Challoner
    30W LaserPro Spirit (Need more power)
    30W Wisely Fiber Galvo

I use heat tape to fasten them to the paper. I also print an outline for placement.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

The good news is I am printing 2 sided FRP, doing the white side first then taping the tag back onto the sheet with the front artwork. The back side does not deteriorate that much. I use a end roll of newsprint on top and bottom changing each pressing. Dry the paper first for 30 seconds closing the press. I don't use any foam pads. So you CAN do 2 sided...

I am game to cut you some tags. Cheaper if you ship me the FRP.

AL