Thread: I really need a good Jig Saw

I really need a good Jig Saw

I am in the market for a good Jig saw. I need to do a lot of laminate floor and a lot of cope cutting base board. I want to get a Collins coping foot for it so the Bosch 1590 and 1591 are out. Anybody have any favorites? Anyody have one they would not buy again? I was looking at a $100.00 Dewalt at Home Depot.

Thanks
    Scott

You could always try a Bosch 1587. There are still a few available from Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Mackay View Post
    You could always try a Bosch 1587. There are still a few available from Amazon.
    I have the 1587. I absolutely love it! Although, it was replacing a $30 B&D!

The 1587 is the "Bee's Knee's". Mine replaced a POS DeWalt. That DeWalt will frustrate you to no end.
    Gene
    Life is too short for cheap tools
    GH

I am never wrong.

Well...I thought I was wrong once...but I was mistaken.

Scott, I have this Dewalt http://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DW331K-...9457211&sr=1-3 Its a great jigsaw, I'm sure the Bosch is a nice saw also. I dont think you would go wrong with either saw. I have a couple B&D jigsaws and the Dewalt is a pleasure to use compared to them.
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. My desk is a work station.

I have either had or used all the top jigsaws by the major manufacturers including Bosh. In fact just sold my Bosh a few months ago. Nothing I have used compares to the Festool Trion. I sold the Bosch because I could not stand going back to it after using the Trion and I am not a Festool guy. I also use a Collins foot and it works great this was my reason for having a second saw, should have got another Trion. I highly recommend a barrel grip especially with the coping foot. Barrel grip jigsaws are much easier to use upside down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Lustgarten View Post
    I have either had or used all the top jigsaws by the major manufacturers including Bosh. In fact just sold my Bosh a few months ago. Nothing I have used compares to the Festool Trion. I sold the Bosch because I could not stand going back to it after using the Trion and I am not a Festool guy. I also use a Collins foot and it works great this was my reason for having a second saw, should have got another Trion. I highly recommend a barrel grip especially with the coping foot. Barrel grip jigsaws are much easier to use upside down.
    Can the Festool use anybodies blades or just thier own blades?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Monson View Post
    Scott, I have this Dewalt http://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DW331K-...9457211&sr=1-3 Its a great jigsaw, I'm sure the Bosch is a nice saw also. I dont think you would go wrong with either saw. I have a couple B&D jigsaws and the Dewalt is a pleasure to use compared to them.
    I have the same one, I really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by C Scott McDonald View Post
    Can the Festool use anybodies blades or just thier own blades?
    I used Bosch T-shank blades in a Festool jigsaw.