Thread: Happy 4th to the Creekers!

Happy 4th to the Creekers!

BBQ, potato salad, .......and dovetails on the 4th. Doesn't get much better than that
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by scott vroom; 07-04-2011 at 12:34 PM.
    Scott Vroom

I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by scott vroom View Post
    BBQ, potato salad, .......and dovetails on the 4th. Doesn't get much better than that
    Yes, Happy July 4..................Regards, Rod.

Happy 4th to all....

Now Scott do you have the drawers done yet?

Bill, not exactly . But I at least got all of the dovetails cut before the 4th of July festivities got going. Oh well, there's always tomorrow!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Scott Vroom

I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

Looks like a good way to spend the 4th. I spent mine tending the NB Smoker. We made a mess of Fajitas, smoked venison sausage, corn, and burgers. I had to spend the day tending the smoker though due to the drought conditions, any sparks flying off the chinmey were instantly doused. Fireworks displays were cancelled in favor of a laser light show. Not even close to the same. Other than it being HOT it does not feel like summer here in Texas this year. No fireworks on the weekends in June in Kemah, no fireworks on the 4th. Not even sparklers... And to top it off watering restrictions have my tomatoes and cucumbers quite dead... We need rain...

I didn't get much shop time in this weekend even though it was a long weekend. Instead I got the lawn fully manicured. The scary thing is mine is one of the best looking lawns in the neighborhood right now. At least mine is reasonably green... Most are turning brown and dying off. At least I got some shop clean up time in there, not much more than an hour or so, but at least I was out there...
    Last edited by David Hostetler; 07-05-2011 at 10:55 AM.
    Trying to follow the example of the master...

Dave, it looks like a 20% chance of rain in your area for the next week or so....hope you get hit with a good cloudburst or ten!

I've been thinking about getting a good smoker this year. Any recommendations? I see that New Braunfels is out of business....or was bought out by Charbroil I think.
    Scott Vroom

Big. Green. Egg. Best smoker I've ever seen. Fan-dabby-dozy

Happy 4th!