Thread: Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments.....

Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments.....

6 July 2011

Good Morning,
    Well, I hope everyone has had time to get over the holiday weekend. We had a good time and celebrated with neighbors around "the hood" and had a nice safe time with fireworks and fellowship. Cookout went well and we all seemed to have ate too much.

Worked some for the day job over the weekend as well as getting stuff done around here. I have a small project I need to do in the shop, but I need to make time in order for that to happen.

My dad is now on hospice care and I'm working with doctors and the care nurses to better ensure that dad get's the care and pain control that he really needs. There's too much for me to divulge here on a forum, so I won't.

Back to the daily grind for me, so what did YOU do this past holiday weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

The mule was headed for the barn. Between Friday morning and Tuesday evening I drove a little over 2200 miles. Saw some beautiful country, visited with family and friends but it was good to sleep in our own bed last night!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Dennis, David covered for you here: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...ccomplishments. Maybe a mod can merge the two and delete this post.

What can I say? I was being impatient...
    Trying to follow the example of the master...

I actually spent quite a few hours in the shop this long weekend working on another tack trunk commission...one without the drawer so it's going fast. Outside of a decorative item I need to deal with, it's built and ready for finishing. This one is QSWO with Sapele trim. Other than that, it was my usual riding lesson on Saturday, weeding the herb garden, a little cooking and playing with my new 3pt landscape rake expressly purchased on Sunday to take over maintaining our very long crushed stone driveway.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...