Thread: New Grizzly G0566 Bandsaw Now in Shop

1. Thumbs up New Grizzly G0566 Bandsaw Now in Shop

I posted earlier, and received some help in looking at the New Grizzly 21" bandsaw, and wanted to do a little follow up.
    I made a trip to Grizzly last Week and brought home the new 21" Bandsaw,, First impressions,,, Well HEAVY the saw weighs in about 680 lbs,,, and after manhandling off my truck with four people,, got it into place pretty quickly.
    The saw out of the crate, was the most impressive Grizzly tool I have purchased, and I have the 16" bandsaw, planer, Sanders, etc, However this tool is part of their line,, called Super Heavy duty,, (industrial) and the fit and finish was much superior to anything I had seen in the past.
    Paint and trim was flawless
    Table was polished and perfect as far as flatness, etc,
    The amazing thing I also found was saw was nearly adjusted , dead on out of the crate,,, wheels where coplanar, tracking was right on,, even the massive ball bearings where adjusted to the 1" blade that was on the saw.
    The blade was garbage, and I replaced with a 1/2" 3TPI which from my early use has been terrific,, did some resawing of 8" cherry, taking off about 1/8" slices,, very nicely, also sawed a couple of 10" bowl blanks , like cutting butter.
    So the quick impressions of the saw is that it may not be a Laguna, or MiniMax, but at somewhere around $1000 less in pocket change, and with pretty nice quality,, it may deserve a look from anyone looking for a bandsaw of this size range.
    Larry
    Attached Images Attached Images

Larry,

Congrats on the new saw, I have been eyeing that one up as well! Glad to hear that it is working well for you. Keep us posted on how you like the cut, down the road.

Jeff

Congrats on the new saw, Larry, & with a nice pic too. Just to satisfy us curiosity seekers, how abot another shot or two with the doors open so we can see the "Guts" of the Beast, & maybe a shot of the trunion even? I'm not in the mkt, (have a MM-20), but I always appreciate any opportunity to see what's in the other machines. It sounds like a pretty solid machine.

Very nice Larry! I will be looking forward to seeing that saw and making some sawdust in May!

Norman, I won't say too much, but I would be willing to bet that before long you will get the opportunity to see a moving picture with that saw in it.

Bill

5. I will try to get some additional pics of the insides up,, the background is another upgrade that I did the same weekend from a recomendation from someone here on the Creek ,, the Cannisters on the DC,, and plastic bags,,, that has been a great improvement, i can not believe the difference in power, to the dust ports and the
    cleaner environment in the shop.
    Larry

Larry,

You're going to have to get bigger bowl blanks to keep that saw happy.

Congrats!
    Kent Cori

Half a bubble off plumb