Thread: Anyone tried SlipIt

Anyone tried SlipIt

With my order for new planer and shaper, decided to try a can of SlipIt for the table tops. Not much on the can for directions, says brush it on, or wipe it on, but stir first. So I brushed it on, expecting it to dry, and next day found the tops still to be greasy. So I just wiped the excess off. Sent an email to the company website, but have had no reply, but guess that is the way it works. Was expecting a product that acts like a finish, not like a wax.

It has fairly mixed reviews and a couple of bad ones that would make me pass:

http://www.amazon.com/Grizzly-G5562-...owViewpoints=1

One reviewer discussed the lack of instructions and indicated the "chemist" for the company never returned his calls. I would pass on it.

I have used in on a moulder, but found that a dry film type works as well or better without the wet residue.
    JR

I have used it, but only on wood sliders, sticky doors and the like. I have noticed that the can always seems to have this stuff seeping even when the lid seems tightly closed and it is always very oily. I can't imagine using it on metal tool tops but have used Bostik Top Cote with excellent results. It sprays on, dries almost instantly and provides a very slick and relatively long lasting coating after a light buff.
    Dick Mahany.

Jim,

I use it all the time. Wipe it on, wipe it off. Leaves the surface nice and slippery. I use it on my planer, jointer and saw.

Cliff
    The problem with the world is that intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.
    Charles Bukowski

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Andrew View Post
    . Not much on the can for directions, says brush it on, or wipe it on, but stir first. So I brushed it on, expecting it to dry, and next day found the tops still to be greasy. So I just wiped the excess off.
    My experience too. The stuff is a mess on metal. I'll stick with paste wax and I'll make someone a good deal the rest of the can. You come by, you can have it.