Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Goin' Deep!

Update: Cheryl Prince sent me a PM yesterday, asking about the above pictured boring bar made for my monster rig, by Denny Martin of our local club. I sent her info to him, and he said he is making 20 of these now. He is going to contact her.....just thought that if any of you were interested............I can provide contact info.........
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

If you make the bar lighter/smaller you will increase the amount of chatter.
    ---I may be broke---but we have plenty of wood---

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Max View Post
    If you make the bar lighter/smaller you will increase the amount of chatter.
    Gary, these are heavier and longer.

Great looking bar Roger! I can't quite make it out on my little screen, is a slot cut into the 1" square stock to make room for a swivel of the bit. Just a simple nut and bolt to compress the slot? Can't wait to see your tall HF posted. I'm sure it will be here real soon though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Bolen View Post
    Great looking bar Roger! I can't quite make it out on my little screen, is a slot cut into the 1" square stock to make room for a swivel of the bit. Just a simple nut and bolt to compress the slot? Can't wait to see your tall HF posted. I'm sure it will be here real soon though.
    Bill,

Lately, finding some turning time has been tough.........I have a procedure tomorrow at the hospital.........I am not sure about being able to find any over the next couple of weeks...........I have to put a new roof on my shop building and will replace some water damaged siding with some T1-11 siding as well.........I have a 2 pm appointment with a local contractor who is going to help me with it...[hiring him by the hour] ......so it might be a while!