Thread: Best upgrade fence for Delta 14 inch bandsaw

Best upgrade fence for Delta 14 inch bandsaw

My free new to me bandsaw didnt come with a fence. The little home made job off my old 3 wheeler won't fit and I don't think I would use it if it did. I don't want to break the bank since we're leaving for the beach next week and LOML says <$175. I don't mind a little more for a good fence but want to stay close.

What are you using? I make my small parts and zci's on the 3 wheeler and want to keep a 3/4 or half inch blade on the Delta to do a little re-sawing or knocking corners off for the lathe.

Make one. 3/4" baltic birch ply. Nice and tall for resawing. Save the money for the beach.

I have the Kreg fence which is very nice but, if I had it to do over again, I'd probably just make my own fence, especially if I were mainly resawing. If you look at bandsaw books, videos, or magazine articles you'll see lots of plywood fences clamped to tables. As long as the face is flat and square to the table you're good to go. You align it the same way you do any other bandsaw fence.

If you don't want to go that route, the Kreg is nice but make sure you get the micro-adjuster. You'll be well under $175 especially since Rockler's got free shipping right now and Woodcraft starts its 15% off sale tomorrow.

I've also heard many people swear by the Laguna Driftmaster for resawing, but I don't think it's even close to your price range.

Good luck.

Edit: When I first looked at the Kreg fence on Rockler's site, it said free shipping. I just looked again and there doesn't seem to be free shipping.
    Last edited by Brian W Evans; 07-21-2011 at 6:25 PM.

I have the Kreg fence too. You can get a lot of after additions, such as a tall re-saw fence. I don't think that its the best, but it is certainly a great bang for the buck IMO. You can get better, but you gotta pay.
    Clamping a home made board fence also works, I've done it on my other band saw. The only trouble with that, is sometimes its hard to find a flat spot under your table to clamp.

For years I had a home made version of one of these that I liked for resawing:

http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/202...ttachment.aspx

Anyone on here try this version?

Essentially what I made is here: http://www.jeffgreefwoodworking.com/...ck/index2.html

I liked NOT having a full length fence. This type of design allows to adjust for blade tracking, etc.