Thread: Lumber sources in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area?

Lumber sources in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area?

I'm just starting out and looking for any recommended sources in the area. Thanks!

Welcome Gabe! Can't recommend anywhere in your area of course, but you could start with woodfinder's web site.

Start with Craigs List > materials.

Search for lumber.

There is a guy in Watertown named Randy that saws and dries lumber.

I also like Ottertail Lumber. They are near the ST Paul - Minneapolis border just off University.

Youngblood and Siwek may be worth checking out too.

Another Craigs list poster (and sawmill owner) is in Inver Grove Heights. He might call his business Logs to Lumber if I recall.

Good luck,

Bill

might try http://www.granitevalley.com/aboutus.html not sure if deliver to your area but they delever to me in black river falls wi for free with 500 bf order. have big delevary area.

You might want to check out Menomonie Hardwoods off of Hwy 29 just before Menomonie WI. A little bit of a drive but he has nice stuff. Or check out local Auctions, you might have to wait a bit but this what I scored last summer for about $200 http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...end-Wood-Gloat. Be careful you will get the bug and look for deals all the time.
    Dan

I just stopped by Fleet Farm today and they have their Hardwoods on sale this week. Cherry was $3.35, Red Oak $2.30, Hickory for $2.20, Walnut was $5.35.
    Dan

Thanks for the tips! I never even considered Fleet Farm. There's one maybe 2 miles from my house so I'll start there.

try root river hardwoods near albert lea. they deliver and have decent prices, good material and a web site. Jared

Forest products over in maplewood.