Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Plywood walls

I would agree.....check with your local building code inspector. I was allowed to use plywood because my shop is a standalone detached shop.

My neighbor, however, was allowed to use plywood in his attached garage after he put up a barrier of sheet rock between the garage and the house.

Check with the local code inspectors.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I'm currently in the process of adding insulation and walling my shop for some relief from the insanely hot summers. Winters don't bother me much. I'm using Prodex radiant barrier insulation in the ceiling to keep the open rafters and standard insulation in the walls with 7/16" OSB. I'm painting them white for extra light and using Zinsser primer first on the OSB and it's working great. 2 coats is all it takes, but you could use three if you really want a bit extra protective finish. Make sure you have the "finished" side of the OSB facing out. It has some sort of coating that takes paint well. The "unfinished" side will suck up all the paint.

Here's a pic of one wall I've finished and a sample of the ceiling insulation I'll be putting up. Excuse the disaster that is my shop atm...LOL!

Thanks,

I like the t1-11 look and have decided to leave it natural.

t1-11-2.jpg

Blog Entries
    1/2" OSB, painted satin pure white. Open joist ceiling (floor above in basement shop).