Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need more space

Caulk and use "Great Stuff" foam insulator at all the "cracks". Of course, the mice can chew threw it, but at least they would have to work at it, and you'll see the filings where they've been busy...
    I drink, therefore I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Whitesell View Post
    I need more space. Who doesn't. I am thinking an enclosed shed would be a nice solution to my two of my largest reasons, but that brings up a third problem.

1) A kid acquiring more outdoor toys that need a place to be stored
    2) A woodworking hobby requiring additional space for tools and materials
    3) Mice and bees
    Tony -

You will have about the same chance of mice and bees as you do with your house. I have a can bee spray that when I see a bee's nest starting I take it out. This has been very effective at keeping the bees, etc population down for the last several years. On rare occs over the last 20 yrs, I have seen mouse evidence in the shop. After seeing another post here about mice I decided to put 3 traps in about a month ago. Today I caught my first one. Although I think I drove him inside. The overhead was open and the service door was open. He was found deceased just after mowing the lawn and doing the weedeating. Keep in mind that there was no activity over the last month, untill the conditions were right. Just be proactive.

#2 - Well, I can't talk. I'll be expanding in a few weeks.

#1 - If they haven't used it in a long time - donate it. Put more $$ in your retirement fund (or workshop) and don't buy them everything.

BTW dryer sheets work good at repelling mice.

I not sure that you will have a mice problem during warm weather , wait until they can not find food outside and they will visit you

Quote Originally Posted by ray hampton View Post
    I not sure that you will have a mice problem during warm weather , wait until they can not find food outside and they will visit you
    I'm not sure that's true. I have cleaned out the lawnmower during any month from spring to fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Millis View Post

#1 - If they haven't used it in a long time - donate it. Put more $$ in your retirement fund (or workshop) and don't buy them everything.
    I'm finding toys are like clothes. In the summer you need a place to store the winter stuff and in the winter you need a place to store the summer stuff. She plays with it all just not all at once. Right now most of it sits outside or barely sheltered (under the house section of the swing set). I prefer she wear out her toys and not the weather.