Thread: Good Deal on Hitachi M12V and Sander

Good Deal on Hitachi M12V and Sander

Saw this deal on another forum and thought I'd share here. Seems like a good deal to me. $149.00 for both items shipped.

Amazon has the Hitachi M12V 3-1/4 HP Electronic Variable Speed 1/2" Plunge Router + Hitachi SV12SG 1/4" Sheet Finishing Sander for $159 - $25 coupon TH25JANFEBV5 = $134 w/ free shipping. Scroll down a little and click on the "Buy Both and save" button.

Update: The base price of the sander went down so the coupon doesn't work without a filler. Add the Hickory Woodworking RBK1026 6-Piece Carbide Straight Set for $15 and the coupon work will work. Price will be $149 now.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...194384-2944708

I read the TOS before I posted and *think* this is OK. If not, do what you gotta do.

--Linc

I had that router in my Amazon shopping cart a couple of months ago when it went down to $129, but didn't pull the trigger. When I saw the $134 deal yesterday, I knew it wouldn't last, and jumped on it. That ugly green monster will find a home in my router table -- and according to Amazon, I saved $441!
    Lewis

3. Hi guys, are you making the assumption that you ordered more stuff to get to a total of $200? I thought the coupon was for orders of $200 or more. Is there another coupon?

I ordered mine this morning, plus some other stuff that added to more than $200 and got the deal that way...
    Thanks,

Harish

Hi Harish,
    There was a short period of time (that ended sometime yesterday morning, apparently) when Amazon had the router/sander combo priced as $219, so you could use the $25 off coupon, and then the price of the sander ($60) was deducted. So I got it for $219-25-60=$134.
    Lewis

Yep, the minimum order today is $200 so this deal is bust, unless you want to buy more to get the order total to $200.

6. Hi Lewis, thanks! I did not realize that Amazon ran "specials" like that. How do you find out about them?

In my case, I ended up at the same price but had to buy more stuff to get there. Thanks, Harish
    Thanks,

Harish

Quote Originally Posted by Harish C. Mathur
    I did not realize that Amazon ran "specials" like that. How do you find out about them?
    Boy, that's a tough one! I don't think Amazon even knows about them in advance. Apparently Amazon has so many items and changes prices so often, that every now and then a really good deal comes along. I saw on a another forum that somebody got a Unisaw (I think) for something like $400. Apparently Amazon also has so many shoppers, that somebody discovers these really good deals almost as soon as they are posted. Woodworkers, being a naturally sharing bunch, seem to immediately post (on the forum or forums they frequent) about their good fortune as soon as they discover one of these Amazon deals.
    So, to find out about these deals, you can either price items you are interested in on a daily basis, or watch the woodworking forums for posts. I caught on to the M12V deal yesterday by doing both.
    Lewis

8. Quote Originally Posted by Lewis Mills
    Boy, that's a tough one! I don't think Amazon even knows about them in advance. Apparently Amazon has so many items and changes prices so often, that every now and then a really good deal comes along. I saw on a another forum that somebody got a Unisaw (I think) for something like $400. Apparently Amazon also has so many shoppers, that somebody discovers these really good deals almost as soon as they are posted. Woodworkers, being a naturally sharing bunch, seem to immediately post (on the forum or forums they frequent) about their good fortune as soon as they discover one of these Amazon deals.
    So, to find out about these deals, you can either price items you are interested in on a daily basis, or watch the woodworking forums for posts. I caught on to the M12V deal yesterday by doing both.
    Lewis
    Wow, that's amazing! I guess I'll keep my eyes open and visit the forums more often! Thanks, Harish
    Thanks,

Harish