Thread: Outfeed table for Table Saw

Outfeed table for Table Saw

I am a new member to this forum and this is my very first post--so go easy on me. I have a Uni outfitted with the Incra TS-LS fence system that I really do like. My question is --what do you guys do for an outfeed table for your TS? I do not have a dedicated shop. My saw is on a mobile base and I just roll it out into the middle of the garage when I want to do some cutting. I would like to have something that would fasten to the rail on the outfeed side of the saw, and have legs on the back side that go to the floor. When the saw is not in use the outfeed table could be removed and maybe hung up on the wall. Any ideas?

Rudy, first of all, welcome to SMC! Great place to hang and you'll find it to be extremely friendly and low-key.

On to your project. Our very own, Jim Becker, has done something, which I think is exactly what you're looking for. He even includes a nice writeup of it on his website: http://sawsndust.com/p-outfeed.htm Check it out and see if that might not turn the trick for you! Again, glad you found us and don't be a stranger!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

This Is My Foldable Moveable Outfeed Table

Howard Rosenberg

Rudy,

My solution is a lot more low tech than the previous responses, but it works great for me. I built a workbench on casters that is just slightly lower that my table saw height. The bench is large (4'x8') and I roll it out to the center of my shop and then butt my saw right up to it. There is storage for a lot of my power tools underneath it. I also wired it with 6 duplex outlets, which eliminates the need for multiple extension cords. I like a LARGE workbench, mostly because I make LARGE messes . I just upgraded my table saw and this did create a slight problem for me. My new saw was an inch lower than my workbench. Last night I added a 1" plywood spacer in the bottom of my table saw mobile base and that got my saw higher than my workbench. I like this setup because I can rip full sheets and long stock without any problems.

Hope this helps,
    Greg

Rudy, welcome to SMC. There are several nice outfeed tables here at the Creek, this thread has some pic's of mine.
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=5526
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Rudy....Welcome to the 'Creek. Be aware, the only hard time you might get here is from the Photo Cops. You see, one of the major sins at this site is to post a gloat without a photo. No Photo...No Gloat! Tyler and his squad are tough! Again....Welcome!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Rudy, Welcome to the creek! I have been to the other forums, there is a reason that I post here, it is great! I am sure you will enjoy your time here.

For your outfeed, the folding table would work great. However, I would leave it attached to the saw, just build it so that the saw can still be moved with the mobil base when the table is folded.

Smile

You guys are great! Thanks for all the great suggestions. It is Saturday morning now-- so I think I'll just go out to the shop and put my thinkin cap on and decide what to do. Thanks again for all the input. Sometimes, its so much fun to be in this forum that I don't even have time to do any woodworking. I enjoy seeing what everyone else is doing and thinking.. I think it may be a disease or something. And, I seem to have come down with a double case of it.

Rudt -

Welcome to the Creek. A great place to hang out. Glad to have you.

Yet another suggestion: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=14498

Welcome,
    Ted

welcome rudy

well rudy you found us and now are considered family, but like the others said the pic police are very strick!!!stay long learn alot and come back
    If in Doubt? Build it Stought!

Quote Originally Posted by John Miliunas
    Our very own, Jim Becker, has done something, which I think is exactly what you're looking for. He even includes a nice writeup of it on his website: http://sawsndust.com/p-outfeed.htm
    My design may be challenging for a saw using the Incra fence system since the rear rail is not available to support the outfeed solution...the fence rides in it. One would have to fabricate brackets that leapfrog the Incra rail; certainly doable, but more involved. I suspect I'd do a free-standing outfeed solution for this situation.

Welcome aboard, Rudy!!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I have a permanent outfeed table. If you plan to use sheet goods the bigger the better!
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Singer
    I have a permanent outfeed table. If you plan to use sheet goods the bigger the better!
    Mark, your outfeed table is about half the size of the office I'm sitting in!! (in width...the length is about the same...)

Rudy,

Welcome, welcome, welcome! You've already got some great suggestions (I really like Bruce's setup), but here is yet another option.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...1&page=2&pp=15

I wanted to be able to keep my tablesaw mobile, with the extension table in both the up and down positions. The above link shows my solution.

Mike