Thread: Looking for stainless steel lazy susan bearings

Looking for stainless steel lazy susan bearings

I'm trying to find some in stainless or if they make them ceramic lazy Susan bearings around 4 to 5"'.Their going to be used on a boat. to make swivel seats. Any help would be appreciated......

Blog Entries
    I would advise against lazy susan bearings, even if you can find them in stainless or ceramic. They are not made for the torque they would see if a person leans back on the seat. Most likely they would fail. I made a wagon from plans and it called for the yoke for the front wheels to be attached using a lazy susan bearing and it failed after just a couple of uses. Bass Pro shops show a stainless seat bearing that appears to be fairly heavy duty.
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 08-06-2011 at 3:28 PM.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Lee, I consider the bearing in your link a lazy susan bearing

Looks just like the ones Woodcraft has.
    http://www.woodcraft.com/Family/2001...-Bearings.aspx
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Quote Originally Posted by Myk Rian View Post
    Looks just like the ones Woodcraft has.
    http://www.woodcraft.com/Family/2001...-Bearings.aspx
    Yep they have the load but not the stainless steel he's looking for. Zinc looses when it comes to marine life. On my submarine we used Zinc as a sacrificial metal to avoid other metals being attacked.
    The last time I saw the light at the end of the tunnel it was another train heading at me...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ray hampton View Post
    Lee, I consider the bearing in your link a lazy susan bearing
    If you look closely the gauge of the metal is considerably heavier in the seat version and they will rotate but don't spin freely. The lazy susan bearings sold by the woodworking places are 22 or 24 gauge metal. You'll want 14 gauge at least.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

thanks for this info.