Thread: Power graver handpiece

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Power graver handpiece

Are there any Power graver handpieces that I can use with my Wecheer flex shaft carver? I know Fordom makes a complete power graver system that uses one of their motors, but would prefer to just add a handpiece to my existing setup to engrave metal.

Hi Eric,
    Does a Wecheer have enough RPMs to do what you want? I don't know anything about engraving but I always assumed that higher RPMs were desirable for that. My Foredom flex shaft unit only does 18,000. I know that some of the flex shaft units run higher but not by much. Depending on how hard you need to bear down on your work, a micro motor unit might be more appropriate for your needs. Unfortunately, a cheap one is about $300. But for that $ you can get a unit that will run 50,000 RPMs. The freedom of movement you have with them is much better than being attached to a flex shaft also. The downside is that the motor is in the handpiece, itself. It's a delicate piece of precision machinery and won't take a lot of abuse....like bearing down hard enough to make the motor whine..... Still, when you let the RPMs do the work, it's a wonderful tool.