Thread: Total Shop......Shopsmith on steroids.

Total Shop......Shopsmith on steroids.

I have seen an ad for a Total Shop machine. Now, I remember Total Shop 25 years ago was a Shopsmith clone, like many others, but this one is different. It is sold by Smithy, the company that makes mini metal lathes.

This machine is like a Shopsmith on steroids, the same basic 5 tools in one, but with several differences. Has an electronic V/S unit like SS recently introduced, is about 200# heavier, and supposedly has ability to machine small metal parts also. They even have an optional power feed for the lathe.

Looked at them on their website, and it operated like the SS, but sturdier.

Now I don't plan to buy one, this is just idle curiosity, but, has anyone ever seen one of these machines?

Rick Potter

Just out of curiosity... whats the URL to their site?

A quick-n-dirty Google search only turned up forum threads and such comparing Total Shop and Shopsmith...?

Try url http://nslc3.smithy.com/cart/uploads...09bsvm72di3v40 to see a pdf brochure for the Super Shop. I only saw a phone number at the end but no url to the co. that sells it.
    Forrest

edit: seems to be made by smithy. try url http://www.smithy.com/index_inside.p...type=supershop
    Last edited by Forrest Bonner; 08-08-2011 at 10:44 AM. Reason: found new entry

Yup,

The second URL by Forrest is the one I saw.

Soooo, anyone know anything about this machine? I am guessing it is made in China, unlike the Shopsmith.

Rick P