Thread: Mystery clamping Table/ What is it?

Mystery clamping Table/ What is it?

I was just wondering if anyone has ever used one of these clamping tables? Or knows anything about it as in how it works. It has no name on it and no identification or markings. The owner received it for a gift and has never used it and doesn’t know how to use it. He sent me these pictures but that’s all I know about it. Can anyone help me out in indentifying its origin or usefulness?

Thanks Richard
    Richard Poitras
    Central, Michigan....
    01-02-2006

looks like a well-built table, I saw a ad. for this table but am unable to remember when or where

There must be some sort of manufacturer's markings on the table. With this information in hand you could do a Google search. Who knows what you might find!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Rogers View Post
    There must be some sort of manufacturer's markings on the table. With this information in hand you could do a Google search. Who knows what you might find!
    Bill there is not manufacturer's markings on the table and I tryed doing a Google search with words that I thought would pull somthing up but no luck. There as the ......Mystery Table.....

Richard
    Richard Poitras
    Central, Michigan....
    01-02-2006

Don't have any specific knowledge about it but if I had to guess I would say it is for clamping things with miters like picture frames. Just a guess though.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
    -Bill Watterson

Reminds me of my safari in Africa. Somebody forgot the corkscrew and for several days we had to live on nothing but food and water.
    -W. C. Fields

Larry I would agree but it doesn’t look like it could do square frames?
    Richard Poitras
    Central, Michigan....
    01-02-2006