Thread: Waterlox "desperation" Question ...

Waterlox "desperation" Question ...

A recent post asked if the WL original could be a topcoat; my question is the opposite. I live in CA, still in a county that allows WL Original, but it's tough to get. Bought 2 quarts to try it out on a bunk bed project and it looks like it's not going to be enough. SWMBO wants it in our little boys room YESTERDAY, so waiting on a new order is not a feasible option for "peaceful living."Can I topcoat it w/ Minwax wipe on poly that I can get locally? Would it matter if the WOP was water-bourne?I also have some blond and amber shellac flakes on hand - dewaxed.Any help would be most appreciated.
    A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.
    Ayn Rand

IMO, having used Waterlox, its a great top coat. you can actually let it sit and then recoat with a light sanding and it will continue to bond. I would put them in place and then when the stuff arrives, just take them out of production for a couple more days and just add more Waterlox. Better than poly IMO
    Sawdust is some of the best learning material!

If Behlen's Rockhard is available, you can go ahead with it on the same schedule as if you were adding another coat of Wlox.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Thanks Brent & Kent, I appreciate the quick responses!
    A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.
    Ayn Rand