Thread: Pad Printing

Pad Printing

Looking for some information on pad printing. I have searched this forum and tried locally to find someone, without any luck.

Does anyone here use a pad printer? If so just looking for some information on types, set up etc.
    Centauro T5 Hydraulic Copy Lathe
    Epilog Mini 24 - 35 Watt
    Corel X4

Search "You tube Pad Printer".... That will fill you with knowledge...

AL
    1 Laser, 4 CarveWrights, Star 912 Rotary, CLTT, Sublimation, FC7000 Vinyl, 911 Signs, Street Signs, Tourist Products and more.
    Home of the Fire Department "Epoxy Dome Accountability Tag and Accountability Boards".

I built one last summer. I ordered my supplies from Imprintor (they are the only company I could find that would deal in small quantities). I had planned on doing it for people who don't want to order thousands of items but only want a few dozen, and by offering to do small quantities I would have just had much higher prices.
    The printer worked pretty well, I burned my plates with my laser and also cut out jigs to hold the part printed on the laser. I could do a job of a hundred parts including making the plate and jig to hold the parts in about a half hour. But then the clean up of the ink was a huge headache. It probably took longer to clean everything up than it did to do everything else. I decided at the time not to spend any more time on it.

If you have any speceffic questions I did quite a bit of research on them and have a few weeks of first hand experience with it and may be able to help you out a bit.