Thread: Walmart no longer doing price matching

Walmart no longer doing price matching

My wife stopped into Wally World yesterday to pick up some hamburger buns.
    They had some blue signs up that said effective Oct 1st, Walmart would no longer do price matching.

Oh well....

I suppose this will cause a bit of a mess on Black Friday.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

You can do price matching via either scanning the two dimensional barcode on your receipt with your phone or entering the number on your receipt manually. Our local WalMart stopped the price matching at the checkout months ago.

Instead of instant savings you accumulate the amount and turn it into an electronic gift card you use either on line of at the register. We do our grocery shopping at WallyWord and accumulate the match to around $30 then use it on our next grocery shopping trip. We started doing this even before they stopped the price matching at the register, much easier. You do not have to scour the ads.
    Last edited by George Bokros; 10-01-2017 at 7:49 AM.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

I guess being the richest family in America isn't enough for the Walton family. Maybe they will give the money to raise wages and get their employees out of poverty.
    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness..." - Mark Twain

Thanks George! I wasn't aware of that. I'll relay that info to my wife.

hehe - yeah Julie - greed has no bounds & the real life Waltons are not at all like the ones that raised John Boy!
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Blog Entries
    'Night Elizabeth.
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

Agree with George ,it's just going to a more efficient system. They pay their employees more than what some fashion magnates pay theirs. And I love the "People of Walmart" art films.

I worked in retail for over 20 years. Seemed like every time we try to do something good for a shopper, someone would come up with a way to ruin it for everyone.
    We found most times when people wanted a price match it was because the original ad from the competitor was an misprint, store was out of stock. only one was available per store at that price etc......

Here is one example of a store getting scammed.
    http://www.businessinsider.com/walma...-scams-2014-11

I have never heard of a store doing price match on Black Friday deals.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

If everyone shopped at Walmart as much as I do, then the Walton family would be living under a bridge somewhere and their chef would be a Salvation Army employee. I am happy to pay more from a store that provides customer service and quality merchandise. From my experience, a lot of their employees are paid more than they are worth. There are exceptions and I know one such person.

I have never heard of a store doing price match on Black Friday deals.
    Our local Walmart did.
    My wife and I hit a Black Friday @ Walmart one year.

I was very impressed with the plan of attack the seasoned BF shoppers used.
    They went in in a group of 4 or 5.
    One of the group took empty shopping carts and went directly to the checkout area.
    The rest of the group fanned out and piked up the items they wanted, then went and dropped them off at the carts at the checkout area.
    The person with the carts separated the items & placed the price match ads with the appropriate items in the carts.

When all the items had been collected and separated, the carts were moved up into a checkout line & cashed out.

Some moved into the checkout lines while the "shoppers" were still collecting things - depending on the length of the checkout line.

It was all a very well thought out plan! In and out in under a half hour with no muss or fuss or panic.

Good riddance to that place. Not because of the price match whatever, because I hate the store.

I find on many things we use, Walmart isn't the cheapest. On a couple baking products that I use regularly, Food Lion is cheaper. Our Walmarts quit price matching over a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wrenn View Post
    I find on many things we use, Walmart isn't the cheapest. On a couple baking products that I use regularly, Food Lion is cheaper. Our Walmarts quit price matching over a year ago.
    My wife use app with savings catcher that price matches the stores in our area.