Thread: Dewalt DW735 Planer Stand

Question Dewalt DW735 Planer Stand

I am seriously considering purchasing the Dewalt DW735 sometime in the next couple of weeks.

Now, as a pretty solid Ridgid fan, I greatly appreciate the Herc-U-Lift Caster Set system that is sold with or can be bought for many of their tools. It is GREAT for making tools portable for a small to medium sized shop (mine is 20x20).

Anyhow, I noticed that Dewalt has a stand on sale for their DW735.

I was hoping someone around here might have some experience with the stands made by Dewalt along these lines. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Thompson
    I am seriously considering purchasing the Dewalt DW735 sometime in the next couple of weeks. ... Anyhow, I noticed that Dewalt has a stand on sale for their DW735. ...
    Paul,

For about the same cost (maybe a couple of bucks more) you could build something like this:
    http://bbarnold.com/images/shoppix/shop-planer-cart.jpg"

I also built one for my spindle and disk sanders:
    http://bbarnold.com/images/shoppix/shop-sander-cart.jpg"

Each of them has two fixed casters and two locking casters (all 3") that I picked up from HD. I find that I don't even have to lock the casters when running shorter pieces through the planer.

Regards,
    Last edited by Bill Arnold; 02-22-2005 at 6:27 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Bill Arnold
    NRA Life Member
    Member of Mensa
    Live every day like it's your last, but don't forget to stop and smell the roses.

I bought the dewalt stand and its a very nice stand. I got it through Amazon and it was $99. I bought it with something else and saved $25 bucks off $199 total.

Its way beefier t han i expected and was very easy to put together. I bought it because I can now roll my planer out whenever I need it and then roll it back. It was more than worth the money, but like was suggested too you can also build a nice table for that money. I just have way too many things gking on and I wanted instant mobility.

Paul I agree with Bill as to the home made cabinet for that particular unit. It may say portable but at nearly 100lbs it's not all that portable. My .02

I also made my own stand

but I'm 6'7" and like to raise my tools up higher than the typical stand does. If your OK with spending the $, and it will be at a comfortable height for you, then get it. It would be cheaper to make your own tho...