Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I hate being retired....

Blog Entries
    Retirement = The best job I ever had......

If you hate it so much, why not get a job?
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution

If you have tried what others have suggested and still hate retirement, then go back to work or volunteer. I don't know about the "Golden years". That term always has bothered me, what with the aches, pains that evolve. It's good day when an old hurt goes away and a new one does not show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wasser View Post
    .....I don't know about the "Golden years". That term always has bothered me, what with the aches, pains that evolve. It's good day when an old hurt goes away and a new one does not show up.
    Reminds me of a comedian I saw once. Imagine a 30-something telling the story:

Grandma: "So Billy, how was your day?"

Bill: "Not good. I started the day with a dead battery in my car. I finally got it started, but on the way to work I spilled my coffee. Then I got stuck in traffic on the Parkway. My boss hates me and gave me grief all afternoon. And to top it all off, the Mets lost again today. What about you, Granny?"

Grandma: "Well.....I woke up today."

::::::::::::::::::::::

But seriously, Rich. It's up to YOU to make it an extended vacation. Make it one, everyday.
    Last edited by Joe Angrisani; 09-03-2011 at 3:49 PM.

Blog Entries
    That term always has bothered me, what with the aches, pains that evolve.
    I have some pains that go back more than 50 years.

A lot of my tasks are done left handed because my right hand has some pains from a nasty accident of mine back in 1958.

Injuries from getting hit by a truck in 1972 still ache.

My right shoulder was banged up pretty bad in an accident back in 1973 and still causes pain after a hard days work.

Then there is my lower back…

And every morning, rain or shine, I thank God for opening my eyes on another day.

Learn to live with pain. Life goes a lot better if you can adapt instead of complain.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

You sound like a whiner, Rich.
    Get off your arse. Go for walks to learn your neighborhood.
    Got a bicycle? No? Get one.
    Join the Senior Center.

I've been retired 7+ years now. I stay active. I am very involved in the senior center. I go for walks
    Yep - next to my naps, a good whine is something I look forward to. W/or w/out cheese!

If you hate it so much, why not get a job?
    I've been looking...
    Matter of fact, I was online filling out applications less than twelve hours into "retirement".
    Last edited by Rich Engelhardt; 09-03-2011 at 5:13 PM.

speaking of aches and pains.
    IF a 60 yearold woke up feeling like a 21 yearold he would jump out of bed ready to conquer the world. If a 21 woke up feeling like 60 he would call 911
    Steve Jenkins, McKinney, TX. 469 742-9694
    Always use the word "impossible" with extreme caution