Thread: Eye bolt driver bit

Eye bolt driver bit

I picked this up yesterday at home depot - an eye bolt driver bit. It isn't something I'll use every day, but it sure came in handy and I'd never seen it before. Works with eyes, hooks, and wing nuts. I used it to put the eye bolts on a new wood drying rack in the back yard. Worked like a charm.

RyobiEyeScrewDriver.jpg

I have an old one different stile, not nice but it sure saves a lot of wrist pain and time. Ill keep an eye out next time I'm shopping. Thanks.

Lee, you are a big disappointed to me because I use a screwdriver to install eyebolts, cutting a groove in a broken socket will work

Put an eye bolt in your drill and hook it on the one to drive in (after starting it in the pilot hole) and run it in. Works fine. The above tool probably works a lot better but...
    Funny, I don't remember being absent minded...

I just installed a bunch of hooks exactly that way--chucked up on hook, hooked it into another... Worked fine. You have to be a little careful starting it, but once it is started, and you can pull back slightly on the drill, it works like a charm. Probably not OSHA-approved for the workplace, however.

you just reinvent the lathe face-plate dog

Unless your putting in really large eye bolts just use a standard socket. No notch is needed. If you have to go to a 1/2" drive socket to get big enough use a 1/2 to 3/8 reducer so you can use your drill square drive adapter. However the notch would be hand if putting in screw hooks.

I usually just grab an L-shaped hex key. Works just fine.
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore