Quote Originally Posted by Casey Carr View Post
Heaven forbid I have a child that goes to ASU! My wife graduated from U of A and would most likely disown any child of ours that chooses ASU. No children of college age, my only one so far is 17 months and we were going back home to let the grandparents see the little girl.

No planer for me this trip. I called Timber and AZ Hardwoods, but nothing what I was interested in. Didn't actually go to either, and probably a good thing as the trailer I had most likely wouldn't have held the planer, and I know I would have tried!

There's a powermatic 221 on ebay right now listed at $3450 that looks really good. I just can't get the guy to answer any questions on it. If it's single phase, I'd probably jump on it, see if he'd let it go for $2500 or thereabouts. If I don't find one fairly quickly, I may just buy a new one. I don't have time to tinker with one to bring it back to life, I'd prefer a rebuilt one or at least working, and if that fails buy new. A lot of these are covered in rust, and if that's how they've treated them, scares me what else I'd be having to deal with.
Timber has had rebuilt PM planers with Byrd heads, but they are expensive. I think around $6-7K. before the recession they claimed to be selling several a year, but they had the same ones for a long time. Not sure if they are still there. I think the Byrd head alone is like $3K for the 24"