Thread: Abranet sandpaper

Abranet sandpaper

Hello,

This week I received my order from Trend from my supplier. Included in the box was a little piece of sandpaper, or should I say a mesh piece of sanding stuff, called Abranet. It is completely transparent, so it should get rid of the dust quit easy. Any of you got experience with this material.

See also http://194.215.105.249/en/Abrasives/...=ABRANET___540
    Erik
    The Netherlands

I use 180 grit Mirka abranet disks with my random orbital sander. I like them.
    JR

Blog Entries
    I like them for the finer grits.
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

So you are familiar with the brand. For me this is new. Do you have good results while sanding with dust collection. Does is collect the dust as good as Mirka says?

What are you paying for the discs?
    Erik
    The Netherlands

it works well with dust collection. very little to no dust when using it with dust collection on my ro sander.

I like abranet the best when sanding larger pieces. Anything that bangs the edges of the sander tends to tear the mesh quite easily. Dave

Quote Originally Posted by David Kumm View Post
    I like abranet the best when sanding larger pieces. Anything that bangs the edges of the sander tends to tear the mesh quite easily. Dave
    Agreed - It is best for flat sanding. Dust collection is good. I use 3M discs for profiles - they are quite flexible.
    JR

Quote Originally Posted by David Kumm View Post
    Another Mirka product, Abralon is great for that stuff. It's padded so doesn't tear up like normal sandpaper or Abranet. Does OK with dust collection although can get clogged so I usually take them off the ROS and vacuum them from time to time.. The finer grits (they go up to I think 4000 grit) are great for final finishing but I usually take them off the ROS and vacuum them from time to time.
    Last edited by George Gyulatyan; 09-04-2011 at 3:36 AM.

Works well. Lasts longer than regular sandpaper. There is an interface pad for sanding contoured surfaces.

MK